Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I'm noticing that my oem battery on my 2011 Elantra cranks more & more (especially on these colder days we've been experiencing in eastern Canada).

I've been looking at the kirkland branded batteries but just not just on the sizing and CCA.

From what I can tell, my elantra uses Group 47 Battery*(H5) battery size (760 CCA), correct? What if that size is not available? What just I look at for?

Any additional help would be appreciated as it is my first time changing a battery.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Costco doesn't stock our batteries. Your next best bet is to just get an H5 everstart battery from Walmart. They have the same 3yr full replacement warranty as costco batteries.

·
Registered
2014 Hyundai Elantra GL
227 Posts
I replaced one last month too cause the OEM Hyundai battery was weak. Picked one up at part source (Magna Power), $20 core refund.

·
Registered
882 Posts
you'd better get a battery with the same size, so the battery hold clamp can work to limit the battery clunking in the car.

It's normal that cranks more in winter days. Get a battery charger to maintain the battery. brush the terminal contact surface. If you really need a new battery, ask for warranty. I will prefer to buy battery in the walmart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts