Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ,i am in a bit of shock ,i still can't believe it, even though i've been following the maintenance schedule,taking a lot of care in my car,i don't abuse of my elantra at all. The last couple of weeks my car developed a bird chirping noise coming out around the alternator area,first they misdiagnosed the source of the sound and changed the alternator belt ,then when i test drove the car ,for my surprise the noise was still there,(even though they charge me for the belt and the labour),anyways,i went back to the dealership ,told the service manager ,he took a look and heard the noise,right away ,water pump,and i knew that that sound was not a belt.....

Will be replaced tomorrow under warranty(the warranty is great though)...still i am very surprised that at 50000 kms the water pump has failed!.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep it sure does happen. I have a 2008 Jeep Patriot and my water pump failed at 52,000KM with the same squeak/chirping noise.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (jsinton @ Jun 14 2010, 05:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332998
Either that or they put the belt on too tight.
Well,yes,probably they put the belt on too tight at the factory,or like i was talking with a co-worker the other day,and he told me something that is true,you see the final product as a Hyundai Elantra or Sonata,etc etc,but under the sheet metal there's thousands of parts and many of them are made by suppliers,they have very high levels of quality under the car manufacturer,in this case Hyundai,but from time to time you will get one bad one of the bunch(hopefully i will not get another part bad out of the bunch),unfortunately you realized that thousands of kilometers into the live of the car.

The good thing is that warranty is great,it was covered and the service manager a total gentleman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts