Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm installing an el light wire in the door card and i can't figure which wire i can connect to. I'd like to use the electric window wire but does anybody know which wires are the positive and negative out of the block or have a better idea. Complete noob at this so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,923 Posts
I'd guess you'd want to connect the positive wire of you light to the window switch illumination power supply wire so that your light will switch on whenever you turn the car lights on. I don't know which wire on the switch connector that would be off the top of my head. But you can figure it out for yourself with a voltmeter or test light. Just probe each wire of the switch connector with the side/tail lights switched on and note which wires have +12V. Now switch the side/tail lights off and probe the connector again. The wire that has +12V when the lights are switched on but has 0V when they are off is the illumination power supply wire.

Black wires on Hyundai cars are usually earth, so you could connect the negative wire of your light to the black wire on the window switch connector.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts