Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Need a little help here please.

At the moment I have a diagnostic code P1405, meaning “EGR tempereature sensor incorrect” as far I know through the internet.

This is the actions done so far:
I recently cleaned the EGR due to P1405 (EGR temperature sensor incorrect) diagnostic code using HiCOM diagnostics. After the EGR cleaning decreased the fuel consumption but the consumption is still too high and I still get the diagnostic code P1405 after driving a while... I called my local Hyundai dealer to ask for a price of this EGR temp. sensor but they said there was none... Hmmm, how come i get EGR temp. sensor incorrect...

Then did I check the following:
The temperature over the different sensors:
Oxygen Sensor at cold engine: 475.690 celcius:eek:
Oxygen Sensor at hot engine: 682.921 celcius:mad:
Exhaust gas temp pre CPF at cold engine: 127.259 celcius:eek:
Exhaust gas temp pre CPF at hot engine: 131.968celcius:mad:
Exhaust gas temp pre VGT at cold engine: 127.259 celcius:eek:
Exhaust gas temp pre VGT at hot engine: 164.937celcius:mad:

The conclusion is that there is an issue with the oxygen, pre VGT & pre CPF temp. sensors. I have located the oxygen sensor but not the pre VGT & pre CPF temp sensors.
Is it the diagnostic tool that is tricking me as I’m using HiCOM on a 2.2CRDI (155HP)?
If not can someone please help me out locating the pre VGT & pre CPF temp sensors?

All answers are appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I find P1405 as being a negative pressure error across the EGR valve. The ECM commands the EGR valve closed then checks the Delta Pressure across the valve orifice, the pressure should be higher on the engine side. If the pressure indicates negative the test fails and a code is set. About the only thing it could be is the EGR valve pressure sensor or a blocked port leading to the sensor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
I have not found any EGR pressure sensors, my local Hyunday dealer only says there is 3 sensors related to the EGR:

1. Lamda/Oxygen sensor. (Incorrect data readings at cold & hot engine)
2. VGT (turbo) Exhaust temp. sensor. (Incorrect data readings at cold & hot engine)
The only sensors related to the EGR i find is the Lamda/oxygen sensor.
3. CPF (Catalytic Particular Filter) temp sensor. (Incorrect data readings at cold & hot engine)

The EGR solenoid is working fine as i tested it when i cleaned the EGR valve.
I recently ordered the Lamda/Oxygen sensor and hope that will cure the current issue I’m having.

As mentioned can't i find any EGR pressure sensor and my local Hyundai dealer says there is none. If possible please show me in a picture or guide me to where it is for further trouble shooting.

Thanks,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For information:
I short circuited the CPF temp. Sensor and VGT temp. Sensor to verify that both loops were ok. The result was that the VGT & CPF temp. Sensors raised to 1300 Celsius, more or less as expected.
After the “loop test” did I buy these 2 expensive sensors and connected them without any results…
In my mind does the ECU use pre-defined parameter’s for these temp. sensors if the Lamda/Oxygen sensor is to fail to maintain the car usable, but I’m not sure. I hope for the best when the Lamda/Oxygen sensor is to be replaced, hopeful during next week.

Below is screenshots of sensor data when the engine not is running and is cold.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An update:

After replacing the oxygen/lamda, cat. temp. and turbo temp. sensor's are the car back to normal. The fuel consumtion was approx. 1.2-1.4L/10km and is now back to 0,65-0,8L/km and it gained more power.

I believe the oxygen/lamda sensor caused the strange behaveour for the other temp sensors but im not sure... I choose to change the two temp. sensors as i already bought them.
Anyway the problem is gone and i can get this s... out of my head.

Now it's just to get working on the new issue...
The cruise control only works ocassionally...

Hope someone else will find some of this info usefull.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hi Glenn,
What's usefull in knowing your cruise control only works ocassionally? LOL
But, being embedded in the ECU, your cruise control most likely suffers from lack of sensory input when not working properly.
It needs speedo info and some brake and clutch info voltage.
You don't complain about not working speedo so maybe the ECU misses out that important signal sometimes.
All in all I think you suffer from wiring or connector problems which stops it's proper functioning.
But a schematic of the cruise control would be handy then, so check in at https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com/. However, you will need an american address for logging in there.
Good luck,
Paul

·
Registered
538 Posts
Brake light switch also figures in cruise operation, Hyundai seem to have ongoing issues with these switches, check for any recalls in your area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info.
Iv'e tried that, my local Hyundai dealer wont reply to my questions...
I will visit their garage during next week.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hey Glen, just wondering where you got the HICOM data? Do you have one yourself or do you have access to a Hyundai dealer unit? If you own one where did you get it?, how much? can I be your best friend.:D:D:D

My dealer here in Australia won't even let me look over their shoulder while they plug in.
Cheers.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thanks for that Glenn, the price looks good as well!! Less than 1 service cost in Australia. It covers both Hyundai cars I have. I see in the manuals it mentions programming ability, does this mean you can alter some settings in the ECM, BCM etc? things like auto door locking speeds, or Exhaust Gas Reticulation function? I will contact the supplier on Monday and get availability into Australia.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is some "Programming" like key coding/learning/injector calibration but not parameter changes etc. as you requested as far i i have found out.
There are most "resetting" abilities to be done after e.g. oxygen sensor change etc. which my vehicle didn't allow... There are also several instruments to monitor and force/test like e.g. the EGR solenoid to verify functionality.

There is a Flash programming feature which require an additional license, i dont find much info about it at the HiCOM page. Maybe because it's under development.

Anyway it's a very helpfull tool when troubleshooting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts