Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L....... the vacuum hoses in the below picture had holes in them ?. I tried to replace with regular vacuum hose (black) truck got very upset at me. So I cut the bad parts out and now the hose is not long enough to reattach to the throttle and the T. I have gone everywhere and no one seems to know where can get replacement. If anyone out there know where I get get new hose ..(green stripe) (yellow stripe) it would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hyundai sell the hose on bulk roll, pick stripe color,, and it is super expensive.... hit a Toyota Dealer, they can get hose in lengths for fair price for what the rubber is blended (grey outer with black inner)

BE ADVISED RIGHT NOW,,,, DO NOT TOSS THAT PIECE OF GREEN STRIPE JUST YET....... THERE IS A BRASS RESTRICTOR BEAD (JET) IN THAT HOSE APPROX 1" FROM JOINT AT THROTTLE BODY..

Recover that jet for install to new hose, or you will have EGR DTC that drive you crazy trying to diag as you likely not a trained Hyundai service person

Reactions: FuelSolGood

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emailed the dealership 3 days ago with the same picture I posted. And I still have not heard back from them. I have not toss the hoses because I learned on here about the BRASS RESTRICTOR in the hose. If I go to a Toyota dealership will they have the restrictor in there hoses. Sorry I am used to just regular black vacuum hoese. Is it possible to buy outside of a dealership. Again thank k you very much in advance. ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sbr711 ...with the recovered bead (jet) could I just put it in standard black vacuum hose 1" from the throttle body? Again thank you.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Toyota is similar/same material tube, but smaller OD with different marking that they sell in various length.. Toyota does not have restrictor in their replacement tube, it just tube

I would shy far away from generic black hose for vacuum application, most of that cheap b;ack stuff not last long in high heat environment,, if you going to make repair, do it right with parts same as or similar to OE installed, and as noted prior, you can get the yellow and green stripe tube, but dealer has to order a close to $100 roll of each,, and that stuff would take yrs for part dept to recover expenditure,, not a hot ticket everyday sale item

The Toyota replacement tubing be a bit more cost effective solution, though OD is slight smaller than what Hyundai chose to use, but it will stand up to heat,, and you cab piece of leftover to replace vacuum line from intake to fuel pressure regulator if equipped there under hood

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you again. I will get into either of the dealships intown and see what they have. ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ERG HOSES....ok I have been to Hyundai and Toyota both don't have it. Tryed napa..lordco... Wyatt...they don't either. No sure if I helps but I am in Canada . I measured the hose on the inside and got 3.72 (maybe stretch from bead) does anyone know where I can order this vacuum hose online? Thank you again in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EGR hoses..I am in Canada...and after going through 2 dealerships and lordco and napa and Wyatt and Canadian tire with all not being able to help me. I did more research of these hoses. You can replace them with 1/8 hose. I replaced with that size reinserted BASS BEAD JET and I am up and running again. Just figured this might help someone down the road ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts