Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. My 2007 Santa Fe diesel is showing a "check engine" warning light. The manual says this is EGR-related. The car drives like it is an EGR issue - we have had problems before. I just cleaned the EGR assembly and valve - they were not that dirty before the light appeared. Also replaced the battery which was completely dead (probably unrelated).
My next step is to check the EGR valve again, check the solenoid and wiring and all the hoses etc. in case I missed something. I did notice that the sensor lead coming from the exhaust side of the turbo looked like the wiring was damaged - could this be it?
Does the MAF sensor or anything else trigger this warning light?
There are 2 small push-on hoses that connect on the left side of the intercooler - I am not 100% certain I connected them back in the same order - does this matter?
If I fix whatever it is, will the ECU reset automatically, or will I need to get it connected to a scanner and reset? If anyone in Brisbane (preferably Northside) has a scanner and is available I would be grateful.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
The manual says this is EGR-related
What manual? What was the code?

I did notice that the sensor lead coming from the exhaust side of the turbo looked like the wiring was damaged - could this be it?
Not sure but you should fix it.

Does the MAF sensor or anything else trigger this warning light?
Not for EGR. Need the code. Why not buy a scanner?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. The owners handbook is where it says that the light is EGR-related.
I don't know what the code is as I don't have a scanner.
I will inspect the wire this weekend.
I might buy a scanner but was hoping there might be someone locally who can help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link. At that price it's worth a trip to SCA. I'll try and get there this weekend.
Some more info: I checked the wiring and it was OK - it was just the outer sheath that was frayed. I checked all the hoses and plugs again. So SCA for a scan is next up.
The car is driveable but might be in limp mode. It has no acceleration and I have to change gears manually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts