Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Elantra

We bought our 2011 Elantra in 2010. I remember it was almost 3 months before we even saw another one. Pretty scarce back then.......

·
22,788 Posts
Holy cow! Deja vu? LOL I mean, what's the odds? Thank goodness for "darker" tint! Had that been me and time allowed, u believe I would've waited for this owner.

I recall reading somewhere that a lady got in her car, put the key in the ignition and drove out of a super market parking lot. She was halfway home and realized it wasn't HER car. In a panic, she drives to the police station. Explains her dilemma. Cops start laughing. Seems this car was reported stolen by the owner. The police notified him as she was taking it back to the store. Embarrassed as she relayed her story and apologized, the rightful owner chuckled over the mishap. It seemed they had identically colored, equipped models and his key also worked in her ignition. Talk about weird?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Wow, that's hilarious.

I too have a black Elantra, and more than once I've come out of the store to find one or more similar late-model Elantras in Raven's vicinity...almost as if everywhere we go, she's attracting a flock. :p

So far, though, I've got the only black Elantra in town with both a factory wing spoiler and gold pinstriping, which on occasion has helped me pick her out of the crowd... :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
I still haven't run across another black GT around here, but I do see more in other colors lately. As far as flocking goes, I'll definitely park next to another Hyundai given a choice.

Geoff

·
22,788 Posts
As far as flocking goes, I'll definitely park next to another Hyundai given a choice.

Geoff
Me too, Geoff. Like riding behind or ahead of one, as well.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Holy cow! Deja vu? LOL I mean, what's the odds? Thank goodness for "darker" tint! Had that been me and time allowed, u believe I would've waited for this owner.

I recall reading somewhere that a lady got in her car, put the key in the ignition and drove out of a super market parking lot. She was halfway home and realized it wasn't HER car. In a panic, she drives to the police station. Explains her dilemma. Cops start laughing. Seems this car was reported stolen by the owner. The police notified him as she was taking it back to the store. Embarrassed as she relayed her story and apologized, the rightful owner chuckled over the mishap. It seemed they had identically colored, equipped models and his key also worked in her ignition. Talk about weird?
I think I have heard similar story. Also some older fords from back in the day had this issue has so many were sold and only x number of keycuts to choose from.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This happened to me recently

My MB had CA plates starting 6UVWxxx. I got an unpaid toll road ticket in the mail from driving on the Bay Bridge (SF). The ticket was for an MB with 6VUWxxx plate. I looked at the infraction date on the ticket and realized it couldn't be my car cos my car and I were in Arizona at that period. I looked closely at the plate ID on the ticket before I realized the error... Mine is 6UVW and the offending car (also a Mercedes) is 6VUW. All digits except for the reversed "UV" versus "VU" were exactly the same... What a relief! I took a picture of my plates, circled the plate number on the ticket and mailed them a nice letter about the mistake. Got a response a couple weeks later discharging my car off the ticket. Sweet...

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
... a lady got in her car, put the key in the ignition and drove out of a super market parking lot. She was halfway home and realized it wasn't HER car. In a panic, she drives to the police station. Explains her dilemma. Cops start laughing. Seems this car was reported stolen by the owner. The police notified him as she was taking it back to the store. Embarrassed as she relayed her story and apologized, the rightful owner chuckled over the mishap. It seemed they had identically colored, equipped models and his key also worked in her ignition. Talk about weird?
I did the same thing. Unlocked my car & got in. Was ready to start it, when someone came up & said, "What are you doing?" Said I was starting up my car. He said it was his car. Got out & it was my car. Then looked closer & saw that it wasn't. Anyhow, after showing the fellow my actual car(he was able to unlock my car, too), we had a good laugh! Didn't actually start his car, but I suppose my key would have started his car.

I heard once that all the cars of a particular model & year of a Chevrolet could be started with only 4 sets of keys. Any thieves with those 4 keys could waltz away with that year's entire output of cars.

·
22,788 Posts
I heard once that all the cars of a particular model & year of a Chevrolet could be started with only 4 sets of keys. Any thieves with those 4 keys could waltz away with that year's entire output of cars.
Sure gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling doesn't it?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Considering how many Elantras are on the road, it was inevitable that coincidences like this would start popping up. It's only a matter of time before each one of us bumps into our evil twin, also driving an Elantra B)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts