Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
If the dealer wants to sell a car then they will negotiate to earn you as a customer. I don't know where you live and how many Hyundai dealers are in your area but shop a few different ones if you can. Get them to print out invoices or deal work sheets so you can show them to the next dealer to have something solid to negotiate with. If the dealer is confident that their deal is the best one out there then they will be willing to give you work sheets.

I shopped 3 dealers and the first dealer gave me the deal sheet and they said you won't find a better price out there, I took that as a challange and started price shopping. The other 2 dealers could not come close even after presenting them with solid numbers on paper from the "other" dealer. One tried to sell it at sticker price and their excuse was that it was a 2011 and they can sell them at sticker to anyone on the lot with no issue, I walked out laughing and said to them since you can sell them at stickersell them to someone else! they had 80+ Sonatas instock so something tells me they weren't selling them...

The third dealer negatiated a little but still couldn't compete with the first dealer, they offered $600 off sticker and I once again showed them the deal sheet and they said that I should go buy that car because it was without a doubt a very good deal.

The very good deal I was offered was $100 above dealer net cost. For a rather rare Venetian Red SE with Nav/ Sunroof it was indeed to good of a deal to walk away from, I also negotiated 3 free oil changes to sign on the line and I only requested that to see if I could squeez just a little more out of them.

Sorry for the long post but anyway I'm just telling you my shopping expierience, like I said if the dealer wants to sell a car then they will negotiate, to save some time ask them for their lowest or best price and go from there.

Good luck with buying yours!

·
Registered
603 Posts
To add to what Sexy said, the more dealers in your area, the more luck you will have...but that holds true whether the car sells well or not.

If you live near a metropolitan area (or are willing to travel to one), you will still have negotiating power even on a popular vehicle. They key here is doing your research and not letting the dealer know how much you are willing to spend.

Do your research online and find out what the car you want is actually going for. Go into the dealer and tell them what you want, and be firm (but not rude). If they are not willing to meet your demand, dont be afraid to walk out. If you go to a dealer and arent getting treated how you think you should, or arent getting the price you think the car is worth, there will be another dealer willing to treat you better or sell it to you cheaper. There ALWAYS is, its just a matter of how much effort you are willing to put into it.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I live in the Orlando area I know of around 4 dealerships alone and im sure there are plenty more in the jacksonville area as well as tampa, which are both only about an hr from me. So I plan on doing some big time negotiations. When i g to truecar.com and enter my zip I get a local dealer in my area offering an SE with no nav/sunroof for 20,269. How true can that be? Then it says avg pain in my area is 22,300. invoice being 22380. Which of these numbers should I use as a starting point

·
Registered
349 Posts
That low ball price on that SE is just that, a low ball number. They put those prices online to get your attention and to get you to come in to the dealer and then they start adding the offers you don't qualify for back in and before you know it your back up maybe a few hundred below sticker. Your best bet is to get settled and make sure you are at a dealer that you feel comfortable spending $23K+ with, once your there simply ask for their "best price" once you see it then decide if you want to make a counter offer or if you can see they aren't dropping a big chunk off then maybe that will tell you that they won't discount the car a lot.

With my deal I was given a wow number right from the start and I didn't have to haggle, they wanted to earn my buissness and were will to make next to nothing on the car to do so. I'm not sure if this is your first car purchase but it can be both fun and stressful. I am a hard bargainer by nature and I enjoy making dealers work hard for my sale.

It seems that you have a decent amount of dealers around you so as long as you don't rush the process then I think you will find a good deal.

·
Registered
141 Posts
What you have to realize is that Hyundai is achieving these sales figures with out absolutely no sale incentives at all on the Sonata.
I believe that almost all the other top sellers have some kind a special sale incentive.
I like what Hyundai is doing ,keeping a fair price for a great automobile.

·
Registered
424 Posts
another thing to consider is that the sonata is actually selling for more than the camry, accord and altima...they are doing this all while holding their prices. This is huge where as before, hyundai had to just about give it away.

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Oct 19 2010, 04:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364606
To add to what Sexy said, the more dealers in your area, the more luck you will have...but that holds true whether the car sells well or not.

If you live near a metropolitan area (or are willing to travel to one), you will still have negotiating power even on a popular vehicle. They key here is doing your research and not letting the dealer know how much you are willing to spend.

Do your research online and find out what the car you want is actually going for. Go into the dealer and tell them what you want, and be firm (but not rude). If they are not willing to meet your demand, dont be afraid to walk out. If you go to a dealer and arent getting treated how you think you should, or arent getting the price you think the car is worth, there will be another dealer willing to treat you better or sell it to you cheaper. There ALWAYS is, its just a matter of how much effort you are willing to put into it.
Stay away from Bob Dance. I know I wish I had. I am still locked in battle with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts