Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Today i was installing my Apexi SAFC-2 air fuel controller and i have managed to locate almost all the wires but 2... The ones that i am stuck with are the RPM signal wire and the KNOCKING SENSOR signal wire...

The car is an 05 accent and with no chance was i able to find a wiring diagram hence y i used a multimetre to locate the other wires necessary...

I tried to google an image of the knocking sensor however i could not find it anywhere even tho i was told it was on the cylinder head or something... The one plug that i found to have thought it was the knocking sensor did not output any voltage... Don't know if thats cause it was the wrong thing or because there has to be a knock present...

Is there anyone out there who knows how i can locate these two wires so that i can finally get my air fuel controller up and running!!

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
The Knock Sensor is a piezo device and won't generate any signal until it gets thumped.

All the sensor signals go to the ECM (PCM?) for processing.

The ECM generates the RPM (Tach) signal based on signals from the Crank Position.

The Knock Sensor is shown as Pins #15/16 on the attached diagram and the Tach signal as Pin #8.

However, don't trust the wiring details shown! Verify the connector pins from diagrams on HMA.

Hope this is some help; it's all I have and I haven't researched HMA for more info.
Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
barnyspup is right on here. i wouldn't even trust HMA since you live in austrailia. i have a sneaking suspicion that your emissions systems are different in oz than they are in N.A. i'm sure you remember those threads....that means wiring is potentially different.

beyond that, i can confirm that hyundai wiring is a bit of a bad joke. its not that its done poorly, its that they decided to change it a little bit every single model year. why i have no idea.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i defs remember... I will try look at this tomorrow and see wat i find... I did happen to find something that i think was the knocking sensor as one side there was a TWO pin plug, the other side just lead straight into the cylinder head so u cudnt really see anything apart from a corrogate tube covering the wires and entering inside the head...

IMAGE ATTACHED

Even if this was to be correct there was no way for me to know which one of the two are signal wires because i cannot cause a knock to the specific frequency...

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Measure Ohms to chassis earth. One pin in the harness connector should show near Zero Ohms. The other pin is signal. Which pin apparently varied year-to-year. :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ohh so u use ohms to find it... I read that i had to use DC volts for it... First thing tomorrow morning i will try it again and see!! thanks a lot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts