Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone aware of a company that is doing any kind of ECU tuning for the Santa Fe? The input lag on the throttle response is livable but annoying. I know this is something that could be eliminated with an ECU tune but I don't see any companies that specialize in Hyundai tuning. Even looking up a few places for the Veloster N, I didn't seem to find much. And eBay "chips" are garbage, so that is not an option.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is anyone aware of a company that is doing any kind of ECU tuning for the Santa Fe? The input lag on the throttle response is livable but annoying. I know this is something that could be eliminated with an ECU tune but I don't see any companies that specialize in Hyundai tuning. Even looking up a few places for the Veloster N, I didn't seem to find much. And eBay "chips" are garbage, so that is not an option.

Only true tested chip is Lap3 (uncle chip) though you have to have add on's( hks plugs, catch can, intake possibly etc) also to get the best performance. As for the Vel N Lap 3 or Sxth Element are proven 340+.
Though Lap 3 has a chip for the Santa fe 2.0 unsure but most likely work on the 19 as its the same engine and ecu.

Before all this I plan on getting a Dyno to have base numbers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've been told by my old tuner that Cobb should have a solution for ALL Hyundai turbo engines. Soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm honestly not looking for more power, although it wouldn't say no, but the input lag is awful sometimes(all the time). I have had other cars in which this issue was eliminated via a tune, and myself and my car friends all seem to agree that the input lag was intentionally added to the throttle response. I will keep an eye out on Cobb and see if they offer something in the future.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Subscribed to this thread as I am also interested in a tune just to optimize\eliminate the lag and not so much for extra power gains with bolt-on mods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts