Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17,548 Posts
QUOTE (HMacD @ Sep 6 2010, 04:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354577
I have a problem with me ECU I beleive.

My Tuscon drives along no bother then for no reason the malfunction indicator light warning light comes on ------

----- this is not to much of a problem until the 4WD system warning light comes on then I lose all accelorator power although the engine stays running in idle, I can limp along slowly.

(2) signs, have the modules scanned for DTC's,,, seee what is going on and take it from there... aint got a PCM problem, it starts and runs... PCM is seeing something open/short/out of range ..

·
Registered
17,548 Posts
QUOTE (HMacD @ Sep 8 2010, 09:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354998
Secondly how do I interprit this in English please?

(2) signs, have the modules scanned for DTC's,,, seee what is going on and take it from there... aint got a PCM problem, it starts and runs... PCM is seeing something open/short/out of range ..

Kindest Regards

HmacD

Look up the page a couple posts at post #3 -- It's a Jeff Foxworthy thing....

---> "2 signs" ,,, both of them are marked in the quote inside post #3... "MIL" & 4WD Warning lights

---> Warning lights, have the offending modules scanned for "Diagnostic Trouble Codes"

---> When you have the codes, you now have information on where to start your diagnoosis

---> Dont have a PCM problem, as the engine starts and runs

---> PCM is turning on warning light because there is some input to the PCM or output value that the PCM does not understand, or is outside known good parameters (operating range)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.