Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:liebe011: :liebe011: I have a problem with me ECU I beleive.

My Tuscon drives along no bother then for no reason the malfunction indicator light warning light comes on this is not to much of a problem until the 4WD system warning light comes on then I lose all accelorator power although the engine stays running in idle, I can limp along slowly.
When I turn the engine off the horn beeps once.

Then after a little while and a few turn on and offs of the egnition the lights extinguish and everything seems to be normal.
Then all of a sudden it happens again with no real pattern.
I can go along for weeks at a time then bang for a week I have this intermittant problem.

I noted if the horn does not beep after the engine is turned off then when I next start the car up everything is fine.
Someone told me that sometimes the ECU may have a loose connection something to do with three wires and one working loose may need to be re-soldered.
Could this be the problem, if so can anyone out there tell me where I would find the ECU in my Tucson.
Any help would be gladly accepted.

Kindest Reghards
HMacD

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
QUOTE (HMacD @ Sep 6 2010, 04:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354577
I have a problem with me ECU I beleive.

My Tuscon drives along no bother then for no reason the malfunction indicator light warning light comes on ------

----- this is not to much of a problem until the 4WD system warning light comes on then I lose all accelorator power although the engine stays running in idle, I can limp along slowly.

(2) signs, have the modules scanned for DTC's,,, seee what is going on and take it from there... aint got a PCM problem, it starts and runs... PCM is seeing something open/short/out of range ..

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
In the US, I would tell you to take it to the local Auto Zone for a free code scan. Since you have the malfunction light, it means the ecu detected an error. There's codes stored into memory, so get the codes and report back here for the intelligent analysis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guy,

Thank you for your input.
But I have limited knowledge of this car's workings, give me an old banger that I can get in and fix any day, these computerised things are built just to go wrong.
Firstly My nearest Hyundai diagnostic garage is over 150 miles away so unless I can get someone with the software to have a look at it then I'm stuck, as it will cost me £500.00 to have the thing towed to a Hyundai Garage.

Secondly how do I interprit this in English please?
(2) signs, have the modules scanned for DTC's,,, seee what is going on and take it from there... aint got a PCM problem, it starts and runs... PCM is seeing something open/short/out of range ..

Kindest Regards

HmacD

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
QUOTE (HMacD @ Sep 8 2010, 09:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354998
Secondly how do I interprit this in English please?

Kindest Regards

HmacD

Look up the page a couple posts at post #3 -- It's a Jeff Foxworthy thing....

---> "2 signs" ,,, both of them are marked in the quote inside post #3... "MIL" & 4WD Warning lights

---> Warning lights, have the offending modules scanned for "Diagnostic Trouble Codes"

---> When you have the codes, you now have information on where to start your diagnoosis

---> Dont have a PCM problem, as the engine starts and runs

---> PCM is turning on warning light because there is some input to the PCM or output value that the PCM does not understand, or is outside known good parameters (operating range)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need help urgently with this one please.
Hi Veteran and all thank you for your help so far.
I have the car in a garage at the moment.
The mechanic has given my 3 x error codes which are coming up on the diagnostics.
P1523 Sensor High Voltage
P0120 Throttle Position Sensor
P0100 Air Flow Circuit.
He also says there is a 12v & 5v reading to the throttle switch, he is assuming that there is meant to be 2 x 5v to the throttle switch.
He has changed the accelerator pedel as they thought this was causing the problem
He has been waiting for Hyundai to come back to him since yesterday to confirm what the voltages should be to the throttle switch but as yet no response.
Can someone please help us try to find outwhat could be the cause of the problem.
Both the lights are still on and the car is still running in idle mode only.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Kindest regards

H MacD

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there no one out there that can save the day?
Where I live on an Island, there is only limited mechanical help.
Nearest Hyundai dealer/garage is over 100 miles away, surely someone out there can give a little bit of help?
We'll try anything to get this thing back on the road, all ideas kindly excepted. :clap:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
There is a web site that has much info on Hyundais: http://www.hmaservice.com/

I'm strictly shooting in the dark, but it seems if the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) or something in its circuit was not working right, the ECU (Engine Control Unit) wouldn't know that the accelerator was calling for the engine to run faster. The TPS tells the ECU what your accelerator foot wants it to do.

SBR, am I barking up the wrong tree here?? :whistling:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks DSHornet, I will pass this info on to the Mechanic.
I will also pass the web site info on to him maybe it will give him some help.

Also I got the print out in my hand from him, the information he passed on the phone to me was a little incorrect.
The print out states.
P0100 Air Mass Sensor - Power Supply not within range
P0110 IAT Sensor - Signal too high
P0120 Accelerator pedal position sensor 1 - Power supply not within range
P1526 Control unit sensor voltage 1/2 - signal to high
He also passed me an auto data read out.
Vehicle sensors Accelerator pedal position (APP) Sensor
terminal 6 & earth wire colour ge & earth ignition on typical value states 5v but he has a reading of 12v. note 7 checking supply voltage. Test at harness multiplug.

I still have the two lights on and can only run in idle, the horn still bips when the ignition is turned off.
Any help will and has been appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update for today.
The 4WD system warning light extinguished and I have power for the first time in nearly 2 weeks.
The emissions warning light is still on.
God knows how long I will have power.
It has to be something loose or worn.
Does anyone have any idea???????????

21/09/10 Emissions light extinguished.
Both lighs intermitantly coming on and off during the day, also just before the emissions light comes on there is a lose of power, then I lose exeleration and back to square one.
Someone must have experianced something similar, or am I the odd ball once agian???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I have the same problem on TUCSON 2.0 CRDI
Voltage 12Volt and not 5 Volt on APS sensor and on Mass Air Flow
P1526, P0100, P0120
You have solution?

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
You have solution?
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for him to reply. He hasn't been back to the forum since the last post in this thread way back in September 2010.

It would probably be better if you just started a new thread relating to your fault.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts