Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,973 Posts
None of your photos show the engine ECU.
I've never worked on a new model Tucson yet, so I could be wrong, but I think the component highlighted on the photo below is the engine ECU :

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None of your photos show the engine ECU.
I've never worked on a new model Tucson yet, so I could be wrong, but I think the component highlighted on the photo below is the engine ECU :
I should reprhase the question. I need the plug that arrived at the motor FROM the ECU.....

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
I should reprhase the question. I need the plug that arrived at the motor FROM the ECU.....
Practically every plug on the engine is attached to wires that come from the ECU.
If you explain what your doing that might give me a clue as to which one in particular you need??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Practically every plug on the engine is attached to wires that come from the ECU.
If you explain what your doing that might give me a clue as to which one in particular you need??
I just bought this:

https://www.racechip.com/shop/hyundai/tucson-tl-from-2015/1-7-crdi-1685ccm-116hp-85kw-280nm.html

The RS one.

They send me a pdf for installation which does not resemble my uploaded photos. See the attachment.

Of course i have also asked them to identify the plug but i wanted to be sure by asking here. They havent replied though yet.

So i just need to know which of the plugs i should install the box into. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
They say a picture is worth a thousand words but it would be nice to have a few words to explain what's in the picture...LOL.

Anyway, it "looks" like you want to connect the race-chip harness to the fuel pressure sensor. I think that's the connector highlighted in your photo below. If that's the pressure sensor connector it will have 3 wires.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would using a race chip void the car's warranty?
They claim no.

There is no flashing of the ecu, in fact there is no interaction with the ECU at all. So the number of ECU flashes is not changed.

From my understanding the only thing that can be traced are any warning messages that may appear mostly on first use until you find the setting that works for you. Also they could notice the power output difference but it can not be traced back to use of specific gadget...

That is my understanding from the tuning boxes way of operation. I thought before diving into it. I am happy with her but after one year i need that "wakening" that i could get from the +20-30 hp ....

·
Registered
270 Posts
skettchhhh!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So everything worked as planned.

I did not have much time yet to test, only one 40km ride to open road to work.

I think you can certainly feel the car pushing more because of more torque. It feels that now it kicks in below 2000rpm from around 1.500.

Also all gears (especially 3,4,5) feel more "full" from 1500-4000 rpm.

Top Speed i think it has a marginal 5% increase, but i am not sure about that.

I am not sure if this is placebo. I have 30days for return. I will drive for 3-4 days and then test without it to really understand the diff.

I wonder if this is this how it is supposed to be...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.