Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i don't know if there is already a thread for this ... but i wanted to know is their an ecu swap that is possible .. or any tunning soft ware ... im sure the ones who have turbo'ed have tuned some how .....??????? also are the bigger injectors that anybody sells that fit or is there anything that u can pull them out of ....... ??????

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
ECU swap?...uhm with the Rio :D now, KFX is working on the microsquirt, but that still on R&D. About injectors, i dont know, steven said he found one so i guess we need to look his thread.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Okay, who has the numbers wrong?

From Powerchip:
In standard form, the Accent 1.6 produces 139 hp and 77 lb.-ft.
Powerchip has a range of chips to suit your car, which can increase it's power to between 152 hp and 155 hp, and it's torque to between 84 lb.-ft and 86 lb.-ft.

From pretty much everywhere else:
HP ([email protected]) 110 @ 6000
Torque ([email protected]) 106 @ 4500

·
1,565 Posts
QUOTE (Mogal @ May 14 2010, 08:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322819
Okay, who has the numbers wrong?

From Powerchip:
In standard form, the Accent 1.6 produces 139 hp and 77 lb.-ft.
Powerchip has a range of chips to suit your car, which can increase it's power to between 152 hp and 155 hp, and it's torque to between 84 lb.-ft and 86 lb.-ft.

From pretty much everywhere else:
HP ([email protected]) 110 @ 6000
Torque ([email protected]) 106 @ 4500
This is pretty new, up until the beginning of the year the numbers were correct. I think their DB is messed up, because the price also jumped $400. So, I think it's reading another car's stats.

QUOTE (dAMIAn78 @ May 14 2010, 09:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322832
I'm using an AEM F/IC to control my fuel paired with a set of Next Generation Motorsports 360cc injectors. The FIC can be tuned by any shop that has tuning experience, probably one of the simplest processes involved with my whole build..
Isn't the F/IC for boosted cars only?

mpfive, the issue is with 08+ Accents. It works with 07's.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (mpfive @ May 14 2010, 10:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322817
so did they end up updating your map in the ecu? Didn't you have some sort of an issue of the map being locked?
It supposedly works for accents prior to 08+, so not mine.

QUOTE (ultragod @ May 14 2010, 11:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322838
This is pretty new, up until the beginning of the year the numbers were correct. I think their DB is messed up, because the price also jumped $400. So, I think it's reading another car's stats.

mpfive, the issue is with 08+ Accents. It works with 07's.
This.

·
Registered
147 Posts
QUOTE (ultragod @ May 14 2010, 11:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322838
Isn't the F/IC for boosted cars only?
Nah, I wouldn't say that. It can pull timing and clamp 02 voltages as well help trim the fuel more precisely. If you did build up the engine Naturally aspirated with higher compression, you probably could advance timing by cam positioning and pull timing with the FIC to get better torque curves and such, as well as adding more fuel in that application, or pulling some at idle.

I've even read some discussion about hypermilers using it to cut fuel and increase MPG. Not to mention the uses for it in a nitrous applications. It's a pretty versatile device although in my application, it's being used in it's most basic capacity.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (twpracing @ May 18 2010, 02:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324050
Travis Cattach from Powerchip said NO to me Y :puzzled: 2007 accent SE maybe I need to call him again :dry:
They really need to get their act together over there as to what the heck they're doing with Hyundais... though I have a feeling they prolly have a bigger BMW, etc market than us.

·
Registered
556 Posts
QUOTE (dAMIAn78 @ May 14 2010, 11:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322832
I'm using an AEM F/IC to control my fuel paired with a set of Next Generation Motorsports 360cc injectors. The FIC can be tuned by any shop that has tuning experience, probably one of the simplest processes involved with my whole build..
KSPEC has 390cc injectors that i picked up. they fit like a glove as honestly, most hyundai injectors and o2 sensors are the same plugs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts