Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Randomly, on my way home from work yesterday, the ECS light turned on, and stayed on for about 10 miles.

I got home, turned the car on and off, even drove around for 10 more minutes, and the light never turned back on.

Now this morning, on my way to work, the light popped back on and stayed on.

I have a 2011 Santa Fe, 4 cylinder.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be? Is this an urgent fix? Help!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Warning light,,, take it to Hyundai dealer of choice service dept and let the do complete fault code search of all modules witih GDS..

Got VIN ? Possible recall open for stop light switch I'm thinking..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Do you mean ESC light? Mine came on after I had the brake light switch recall completed. I'd be willing to bet its related to that.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Do you mean ESC light? Mine came on after I had the brake light switch recall completed. I'd be willing to bet its related to that.

Hyundai not have us go in with GDS to verify ABS/ESC module freee of the 1513 code.. find it hiding a lot of times with no customer complaint of warning lamp..

Can say Hyundai replaced a lot of recently replaced brake light switches for 1513 that found later on.. I myself have replaced new switch with new again because of code that may have been hiding and recall not call out for GDS inspection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hyundai not have us go in with GDS to verify ABS/ESC module freee of the 1513 code.. find it hiding a lot of times with no customer complaint of warning lamp..

Can say Hyundai replaced a lot of recently replaced brake light switches for 1513 that found later on.. I myself have replaced new switch with new again because of code that may have been hiding and recall not call out for GDS inspection.
What do you mean by code hiding? If hiding how do you find it.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
He means that the code is there to be discovered by the code reader, even though there is no tell-tale error lamp lit on the dashboard to tip off the owner.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
^^^ What brother Canderson says ^^^

Sometimes there be code hiding in ABS/ESC module and no complaint of warning lamp illuminated..

Customer shows up with MIL, or goofy acting trans concern, anymore with all the interlacing of modules via CAN, we up and select all from menu and do complete fault code search of all modules, recover all DTC, and put the puzzle together and come up with cause and repair.

Brake light switch is used to tell TCM if we on the go, or slowing down, which affect shify quality/habits.. a lot of places may only scan PCM and TCM for DTC with a MIL concern,, and never find DTC hiding in other modules that might still goof your repair attempt when finished.

Brake light switch recall,,,,, Hyundai says replace switch and have nice day.. car come back and I scan all, find a 1513,, I take and replaced the however old Hyundai switch with another,, the 3K000 switches burn out all the time, so what heck, I got a print for documentation of DTC, screenshot get attached to ticket, we get paid if warranty repair

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know I talked with you a little bit with my problem with my ESC light and now they are telling me based on the 2 codes I gave you straight from the techline that it is normal caused from shifting into gear to slow. Do you have ANY suggestions as to what I should do...other than shift faster lol. Believe me I'm always on the run and putting it into gear slow is not an option. They basically said they don't want the car back for the esc light anymore because it is normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts