Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info Chuck! Interesting... I'd say that sound pretty definitive however I'd swear I feel a slight difference throttle response, especially when I'm off throttle. When ECO mode is *ON*, and I lift of the gas, it almost feels like I'm dragging the parking brake and when I turn it *OFF* and I lift, the car feels as if it coasts a bit easier; and I'm usually pretty good when it comes to the "seat of the pants" ratings. I used to race cars and being able to sense minute changes was vitally important it car setup; so it's something a lot of racers become acutely aware of. I'd also swear that I get better fuel economy with the ECO mode on, then off. That said, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, and definitely not the last.

Quick update, I just took a short drive and paid close attention to what seems to happen when I turn ECO mode on and off. Besides how the car feels when I lift off the throttle, I also noticed that with ECO mode ON, the throttle feels a little heavier, i.e. I have to use a little more effort to depress the gas pedal. Is this perhaps an attempt to keep you from "stabbing" the throttle and hence, save a little extra gas? Some else please try this and tell me what you think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.