Hyundai Forums banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I don't get this dumb eco score lol. My over-all drive is good MPG wise but my points suck.

I'm closing in on 14,000 km's and I am in the 380's. I think I worked it out a little while ago as a point every 36 km's roughly.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't get this dumb eco score lol. My over-all drive is good MPG wise but my points suck.

I'm closing in on 14,000 km's and I am in the 380's. I think I worked it out a little while ago as a point every 36 km's roughly.
I agree, it seems like a stupid thing that has no real meaning. I think I have about 1750 miles and have a score of 127, but I have no clue how the score is calculated or what it really represents. The screen with the picture of the car and the one with a planet in the middle are total waste. Further, I think it crazy that you have to pay and subscribe to Blue something or other on a monthly basis to see how you stack up to others.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am near 15,000 miles on my car, and only have 267 or something score (i'll look when I get to it after work in a few minutes here).

I could care less, honestly. I am not a hyper miler, and i don't try to be. I drive how i need to drive. Fast when responding to fire calls, and with traffic elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I agree, it seems like a stupid thing that has no real meaning. I think I have about 1750 miles and have a score of 127, but I have no clue how the score is calculated or what it really represents. The screen with the picture of the car and the one with a planet in the middle are total waste. Further, I think it crazy that you have to pay and subscribe to Blue something or other on a monthly basis to see how you stack up to others.
That is one thing I'm definitely jealous of with the Ford Hybrids, really like how useful their info screens are. The brake coach is a nice feature, showing the percentage of regeneration you get, as well as their "Engage" (I believe) screen, which shows how much power you are using and, if in EV mode, how much power you can use before dropping out of EV mode.

While I really like the powertrain on the HSH, the info screens and Eco Gauge are largely worthless.

·
Registered
64 Posts

I just turned over 13,000km and am around 400 eco score too.

I manage to keep the fuel economy around 5L/100km with CC on the highway at 100kph. I'm happy with that. Don't care much about the eco score.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I just turned over 13,000km and am around 400 eco score too.

I manage to keep the fuel economy around 5L/100km with CC on the highway at 100kph. I'm happy with that. Don't care much about the eco score.

Ah cool about the same as me :). With the nice weather we've gotten here lately my fuel economy has dropped back into the low 5's again :).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Eco Score 8-31-2015

Nooo!!! You beat me, I'll likely hit 4k this week when I last looked I was around 3993. 92k miles.
Sorry for the late reply
Quick Eco Score Update:

This is from August 31, 2015:
I'm at Eco Score 5,053 now at 90,486 miles and rising...
... Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of my Sonata Hybrid ...

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I commute 80 miles/5 days a week to work, so my hybrid has about 5700 miles on it now (in 4 months) and my Eco score is 212. Read in the owners manual that a "planet" would appear for every 100 points on the score, and sure enough...when I passed the 200 mark another planet appeared on the screen (looks like saturn, has a ring around it) in the upper right next to the earth in the display. Cool! Has anyone else gotten one of these yet?

Also, I got my car back from the dealer today with the CEL light fixed - the part finally came in - the S. Korean engineer from Hyundai had reprogrammed it a few weeks ago, so now should be good to go! They did the first oil change for free and washed the car, plus checked the headliner and ordered me a new one. It had a few air pockets around the sun visors.

Initally, I must say that my attitude about the car was pretty bad with the recall problems, etc. but after driving it all these miles, it has really grown on me and have had a reversal of thought on it. After all, it is just a dumb light and a small fix that Hyundai has worked hard to make right, and the headliner is a cosmetic thing they are also going to fix.

Overall, it is a comfortable, beautiful, good handling mid-size car with great gas mileage for its size. Mine is a base Hyper Silver with the gray interior and I LOVE IT!
Hey I got a 2014 sonata hybrid and I just noticed the planets on my display. I have an eco score of 634 and I have 4 planets. Never new about this feature because I was the second owner and no manual. But it’s cool I wonder how many planets you can get. And does it mean we have saved that many planets. Lol!!

101 - 113 of 113 Posts