Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I commute 80 miles/5 days a week to work, so my hybrid has about 5700 miles on it now (in 4 months) and my Eco score is 212. Read in the owners manual that a "planet" would appear for every 100 points on the score, and sure enough...when I passed the 200 mark another planet appeared on the screen (looks like saturn, has a ring around it) in the upper right next to the earth in the display. Cool! Has anyone else gotten one of these yet?

Also, I got my car back from the dealer today with the CEL light fixed - the part finally came in - the S. Korean engineer from Hyundai had reprogrammed it a few weeks ago, so now should be good to go! They did the first oil change for free and washed the car, plus checked the headliner and ordered me a new one. It had a few air pockets around the sun visors.

Initally, I must say that my attitude about the car was pretty bad with the recall problems, etc. but after driving it all these miles, it has really grown on me and have had a reversal of thought on it. After all, it is just a dumb light and a small fix that Hyundai has worked hard to make right, and the headliner is a cosmetic thing they are also going to fix.

Overall, it is a comfortable, beautiful, good handling mid-size car with great gas mileage for its size. Mine is a base Hyper Silver with the gray interior and I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats...I think you're the first I've read about getting the next planet...Goofy, but still kinda fun, huh?

I'm still one planet with ECO SCORE of 114 and about 1700 miles on the car.

I'm with you on the car itself..The more I drive mine, the more I like it.

Fun post...Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even with the CEL light (which came on at about 400 miles on my car and has been on ever since) I have averaged around 37-38 miles per gallon with a mix of highway/city driving of about 70/30. Hoping now that it is broken in and the CEL issue is resolved that it might improve a bit. My commute is over a hilly, curvy two lane road with speeds of 40 to 60 mph, so not really "highway" in the sense of straight line driving at a consistent speed, but some good ECO coasting down a few hills and around curves! I have my tires inflated to about 2 pounds over max tire pressure.

TomL - glad that you are like me, and enjoying the car more the more you drive it!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm with you too, the more I drive it, the more I like it. Was doing a 200 mile trip today and I averaged 40-42mpg at 70mph in Blue Mode, with intermittent AC. Smooth, quiet, comfortable, and hey - I had a guy checking it out in a parking lot the other day and he finished our impromptu conversation by telling me that if he found one, he was sold and would replace his 2002 Camry. I'm in the wrong business apparently.

·
Registered
214 Posts
PS No new planets for me yet, but I'm hoping to discover one soon - thanks for letting us know what the scores reward us with! :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
QUOTE (supercell @ Aug 3 2011, 11:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=485462
Whoa! You're a Hypermiling Guru! Nice work!
I don't think I'm Hypermiling...Not sure.
Using cruise control for most of my driving. Try to stay in the Blue Zone on the tachometer (its called something else ? Econ meter or something).
We had couple of trips to see relatives. I try to stay in blue mode 99% of the time.
Since it's been HOT this is a combination of 75% a/c
20% Econ air and about 5% window open.
On the highway going anywhere from 55-70 miles per hour depending on traffic,construction,speed limit,etc.
That's all we are doing.

·
Registered
237 Posts
QUOTE (WenMacc @ Jul 30 2011, 12:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=483413
Even with the CEL light (which came on at about 400 miles on my car and has been on ever since) I have averaged around 37-38 miles per gallon with a mix of highway/city driving of about 70/30. Hoping now that it is broken in and the CEL issue is resolved that it might improve a bit. My commute is over a hilly, curvy two lane road with speeds of 40 to 60 mph, so not really "highway" in the sense of straight line driving at a consistent speed, but some good ECO coasting down a few hills and around curves! I have my tires inflated to about 2 pounds over max tire pressure.

TomL - glad that you are like me, and enjoying the car more the more you drive it!
I have my tires inflated to about 2 pounds over max tire pressure.
I increase my air pressure as well (39 psi) but would worry about going over the sidewall posted max (44psi)...I hope you mean the door jamb recommended pressure...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Omaha, Nebraska and have a 5 mile one way commute to work. I have had Hybrid since May and love it. I have 2960 miles on it with an ECO score of 212. Average MPG so far is 33.4.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts