Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited Stormy Sea
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Sonata into the dealership today, and they performed an ECM update P030X. My service advisor didn’t know exactly what the update was for. Does anyone here know anything about this update? TIA

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
There is already a thread of this

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
there aint nothing on the hyundai recall site. only the smaht pahk. bmw used to have campaigns, and recall. they would fight kicking and screaming to not have a recall. a campaign is a fix for a problem, either only after customer complaint, or, they convince dot/epa that as the cars come in for service, they will be fixed. and with that procedure, they will fix like 90%(not sure of the percentage anymore) of the cars involved. a recall is that bmw has to send out a notice to every owner involved, and it will be noted on the jd powers reviews.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
417 Posts
More to the point, a recall requires NHTSA to be notified, and every VIN to be tracked / communicated to NHTSA. That's how NHTSA can tell if your particular VIN has outstanding recalls. A lot more overhead for the manufacturer, so they try to avoid it.

·
Registered
20 Sonata LTD, St. Sea Blue, All Black interior.
86 Posts
This ECM update "may have been specific" only to cars experiencing the engine miss firing like mine did. Speculation on my part. I'd assume others had this problem. And if it wasn't "safety related" but for the smooth operation of the vehicle it may not have qualified for NHTSA. Like a Hyundai internal issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts