Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a TSB for the ECM #T4N. Next time you have your vehicle in for service just ask about it.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
402 Posts
There is a TSB for the ECM #T4N. Next time you have your vehicle in for service just ask about it.
Where is the best place to find these listed? Current TSBs.

·
Registered
2010 2.4 GLS
2 Posts
I'm actually taking mine tomorrow...today...in like 9 hrs...to Hyundai for the ECM TCM update. I've recently started very hard downshifting ONLY at 20mph and slower than usual acceleration from stopped. Researched it and found Hyundai TSB 10-AT-007-1 which "fixes harsh downshift and improves acceleration". Dealer quoted $134 for the diagnostics. If anyone is interested in the outcome just holler.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
334 Posts
I'm actually taking mine tomorrow...today...in like 9 hrs...to Hyundai for the ECM TCM update. I've recently started very hard downshifting ONLY at 20mph and slower than usual acceleration from stopped. Researched it and found Hyundai TSB 10-AT-007-1 which "fixes harsh downshift and improves acceleration". Dealer quoted $134 for the diagnostics. If anyone is interested in the outcome just holler.
Umm... this is a TSB from 2010, which has nothing to do with the 2020 Sonata.
Where is the best place to find these listed? Current TSBs.
NHTSA will list them. Eventually. They're months behind and this one isn't showing yet. Hyundai Service Website will also show them, as it is an official Hyundai website, but it costs money (per week, month or year). It essentially contains the service manual in digital form, although not downloadable, even if you pay.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

NHTSA will list them. Eventually. They're months behind and this one isn't showing yet. Hyundai Service Website will also show them, as it is an official Hyundai website, but it costs money (per week, month or year). It essentially contains the service manual in digital form, although not downloadable, even if you pay.
Just reporting what I was told by a Hyundai Consumer Affairs contact working with me on another issue.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just reporting what I was told by a Hyundai Consumer Affairs contact working with me on another issue.
I wasn't addressing your comment. I'm sure you're correct and that there is a new TSB for the 2020 Sonata.

I was responding to @Dan Kantura who gave a TSB number from 2010.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
402 Posts
So fixing TSB issues is not done for free?

Is this one for both engines?

·
Registered
334 Posts
So fixing TSB issues is not done for free?

Is this one for both engines?
Your car is under warranty. You won't pay anything. I'm not sure what that other poster is talking about with his diagnostic fee and TSB from 2010. Maybe he posted in the wrong forum.

As to whether this applies to both engines, hard to say without looking at the TSB. If someone has a friendly dealer willing to give you a copy of the TSB, that would be great. NHTSA will take 3 months to post it on their website.

·
Registered
2010 2.4 GLS
2 Posts

@Eric2203 "ummm" I didn't realize I was in a 2020 Sonata forum BRO, my bad. I guess I'm just a fool, i'll head on over to the peasant forums now....

·
Registered
502 Posts
First, An ECM Update is not any where near a recall, it is very similar or identical to a software/firmware update and is very common on all new cars. Many times it may just involve a certain engine type in models that have more than one engine type option and nothing to be concerned about. Sometimes it involves emissions control or fuel mileage and if it is more serious it will be issued as a Service Campaign and if it is something very serious such as a serious safety defect it might reach the level of a voluntary recall.

The attached link is self explanatory and does not list ECM's
Hyundai Service Campaigns and Recalls

·
Registered
64 Posts
First, An ECM Update is not any where near a recall, it is very similar or identical to a software/firmware update and is very common on all new cars. Many times it may just involve a certain engine type in models that have more than one engine type option and nothing to be concerned about. Sometimes it involves emissions control or fuel mileage and if it is more serious it will be issued as a Service Campaign and if it is something very serious such as a serious safety defect it might reach the level of a voluntary recall.

The attached link is self explanatory and does not list ECM's
Hyundai Service Campaigns and Recalls
The phone call was referenced as a recall. Simply repeating it here. Not arguing the correctness of anyone.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My dealer referred to it as a recall too. If the dealer or Hyundai is doing outcalls it's more than just a simple s/w upgrade.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts