Hyundai Forums banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just dropped in to get my reimbursement reading and they told me about it so I'm sitting in the waiting area at my dealership currently with some cold water and free freshmade cookies lol so anyone with dealership problems don't blame Hyundai haha I love my dealer. Will post about change in a bit about to hit the road fro a 120 mile trip so I can see the diff and will let you guys know how that goes haha but no complaints here, they said in order to do the mileage read the update had to be done so now we wait

·
Registered
41 Posts
The PDF attached to post #6 names applicable vehicle as: "2012 Accent (RB)". I have a '12 GLS accent. Does that mean my model is definitely not affected? I've been experiencing knocking and got P0326 code, so would like to get flash update, but I've also heard it won't be covered under warranty, and some dealers need convincing before running the update.

So just want to be sure before I go through any hassle/expense.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
That error code could mean the knock sensor itself has a problem and can no longer provide valid knock information to the engine computer to use to avoid knock/ping. Sometimes the knock sensor on our cars go bad and must be replaced. Or maybe the wiring is damaged. Or the sensor is loose. The knock sensor retails for about $50 and you can replace it yourself, if you have tools and a jack+stands.

It's in an awkward location to work on, as you can see in this video:

But the p0326 error code can also indicate the engine has a ping/knock issue that has become so bad that the knock sensor and computer working together can no longer compensate for it.

I would get it to a mechanic promptly.

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0326

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the reply @Lazy H. The car is at a mechanic currently, and I've done a lot of research on that P0326 code. I'm specifically wondering now if my car is affected by the technical bulletin; apparently only a Hyundai Dealer can flash update the ECM, and I'd rather not go to a dealer if my car is not affected.

The bulletin refers to "2012 Accent |RB|." I'm unclear about the "RB" designation, I have a '12 Accent GLS.

Does anyone know if my car is applicable to this update?

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
Thanks for the reply @Lazy H. The car is at a mechanic currently, and I've done a lot of research on that P0326 code. I'm specifically wondering now if my car is affected by the technical bulletin; apparently only a Hyundai Dealer can flash update the ECM, and I'd rather not go to a dealer if my car is not affected.

The bulletin refers to "2012 Accent |RB|." I'm unclear about the "RB" designation, I have a '12 Accent GLS.

Does anyone know if my car is applicable to this update?
0326 = UPDATE per Hyundai Service Bulletin....

Here why,, Warranty says follow TSB first,, must update,, then move forward.. failure to follow TSB will result in DENIAL of WARRANTY CLAIM..

All the RB have update of some sort or other.. Rule 1 is to install most current version..

Circulate To:
Service Manager, Warranty Manager, Service Advisors, Technicians, Fleet

Technical Service Bulletin

FUEL SYSTEM
15-FL-003

DATE
JUNE 2015

MODEL(S)
ACCENT - RB
VELOSTER - FS

SUBJECT:
ECU UPDATE – 2012-2013MY RB/FS 1.6L GDI DTC P0326/P0441
OR SPARK KNOCK NOISE

Description:
This bulletin provides information related to an ECM (Engine Control Module) software update for certain 2012~2013MY ACCENT and VELOSTER(FS) 1.6L GDI vehicles that may experience either of the following:

Check engine light for DTC P0326 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1), or

 Spark knock noise on heavy acceleration in warm ambient temperatures, or

 Check engine light for DTC P0441 - Canister Purge Valve (CPV) - Incorrect CPV Flow

Applicable Vehicle: Certain 2012-2013MY Accent and Veloster (FS) with 1.6L GDI engines

GDS Information:
System Selection:
ENGINE (ECM) Event # Description

355*
RB - 1.6GDI ENGINE DTC(P0326/P0441) IMPROVEMENT

356*
FS - 1.6GDI ENGINE DTC(P0326/P0441) IMPROVEMENT

(*or use a later available event as listed in the GDS ECU Update screen if one is available.)

If you dont want to take it to dealer,, so be it,, but anything you do will not repair concern,, just drain wallet of money...

The above procedure is how the situation is to be handled as WARRANTY repair if indeed WARRANTY repair.. They all affected..

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
Thanks @sbr711.

The bulletin says:

"MODEL ACCENT - RB"

Does my 2012 Accent GLS apply? I don't understand the "RB" designation.
"RB" is chassis code, like SM is 2001 - 2006 Santa Fe, YF for 2011-2014 Sonata, LFA for next Gen Sonata, CM for 2007~2012 Santa Fe..

GLS, SE, GS is decorations of finished car

·
Registered
41 Posts
I called a Hyundai dealer service dept. near me to ask if they would run the ECU update for me, and how much would it cost (or be covered under warranty). They asked for my vin and said there was nothing applicable for my car ('12 Accent). I named the TSB (15-FL-003) but no dice.

Then I found this Hyundai site to search for "safety recalls and service campaigns," and nothing comes up there either. I can see my service record online, and last update I had was in '13. The 15-FL-003 TSB is from 2015 and specifically mentions '12 Accents.

My questions:

1. Anyone have a PDF of TSB 15-FL-003? I can't find one, and would be nice to have a copy.
  2. If no service campaigns show after entering my VIN number, do you think my car is not applicable? Part of me thinks so, but I've gotten the P0326 error that the TSB mentions, have been experiencing serous knocking, and would be glad if the ECU update fixed the problem.
p.s. I had spark plugs changed and PCV valve changed by non-Hyundai mechanic who suggested getting ECU updated at dealer; he found TSB online.

141 - 152 of 152 Posts