Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Is this campaign 951?
I got a notice through, MyCARFAX, for our 2013.
Nothing from Hyundai, yet.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
What changes is it supposed to do?
I would suspect a fuel mapping change and ox logic to enrichen fuel to reduce NOX content from catalyst (nitrogen oxide from too lean fuel mix),, that what this 2096 Post Cat lean been all along, change name for new program (they free to call it the Humpty Dance if the want to)..

They can put other jibber in the program and not tell us, they just tell us it is to remedy this concern...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mistra;5532049...Seems a bit peppier than before...[/QUOTE said:
Just got this done 8 March. Was in for brake recall and dealer advised me of the T1R ECM update while there.

Purchased in Dec'16, recall notice forwarded from Hyundai.

Later that day found info on a Campaign# TXXA - Clock spring update/upgrade, all may want to check with their dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had the update completed. Five minutes after leaving the dealership she starts to sputter and I look in the mirror and see a huge smoke screen that spanned all 4 lanes of highway 410. Other than that issue, the update has made my 2013 Elantra GLS feel like a brand new car. Acceleration is very smooth through the gears, running fewer RPM, seemingly more power, now pulls uphill with ease. This is not placebo. She used to struggle up the #10 Caledon Village hill but now climbs it with ease.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue my exhaust lasted most of the way home. I am nervous to keep driving it, but you say you haven't had any problems since...?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I had the same issue my exhaust lasted most of the way home. I am nervous to keep driving it, but you say you haven't had any problems since...?
Take it out and drive it like you and 2 friends stole it.. oil condensate in bottom of intake over time via PCV system puddle up oil deep enough that it eventually become a "BIG GULP".... hence the large flume of oil smoke.. Bury the pedal once in while to vacuum out the intake of liquid oil once in a while

1 - 14 of 14 Posts