Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I own a beautiful 2007 hyundai tiburon, specifically the 2.0L 4cylinder model, recently it has stopped running not due to anything mechanical, but due to a security system as the car no longer recognizes my key and will not allow the key to start the car, has any one had similar experiences and if so have you been able to fix it?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,185 Posts
has any one had similar experiences and if so have you been able to fix it?
Yeah, I've fixed that fault before. The key signal amplifier on the Tiburon is built into the dashboard fusebox, which is also the BCM. The car I did the repair on had suffered from water ingress into the fusebox that had damaged the amplifier. What I did to fix it was cut the wires for the immobilizer system off the fusebox and connected them to a key amplifier off another Hyundai model. The amplifier, called a SMARTRA module, can usually be found quite cheap on ebay. At least they can be here in the UK/Europe where all Hyundai models are fitted with a factory immobiliser. FWIW, the amplifier I fitted to the Tiburon was removed from a Hyundai LC Accent.

HYUNDAI SMARTRA MODULE

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've fixed that fault before. The key signal amplifier on the Tiburon is built into the dashboard fusebox, which is also the BCM. The car I did the repair on had suffered from water ingress into the fusebox that had damaged the amplifier. What I did to fix it was cut the wires for the immobilizer system off the fusebox and connected them to a key amplifier off another Hyundai model. The amplifier, called a SMARTRA module, can usually be found quite cheap on ebay. At least they can be here in the UK/Europe where all Hyundai models are fitted with a factory immobiliser. FWIW, the amplifier I fitted to the Tiburon was removed from a Hyundai LC Accent.

HYUNDAI SMARTRA MODULE

Hey man, really appreciate you taking the time to reply as this is my favourite car on earth, will certainly follow your steps and see if it works, thank you again!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,185 Posts
The immobiliser wiring is on connectors H & I on the back of the fusebox...see below.
You need to cut the ring antenna wires off connector H, and cut the COMMS wire off of connector I.
You need to splice a length of wire onto the ignition power supply wire on connector I, terminal 8.
Crimp M6 eyelet onto a length of wire and secure the eyelet under a convenient bolt around the fusebox. This will be the ground for the SMARTRA module.

You should now have 5 wires...IGN +12V, Ground, COMMS, and 2x Ring Antenna. Connect those 5 wires to the SMARTRA module as shown in the photo below. All being well the engine should now be able to start again.

Good Luck!

RING ANTENNA - Yellow/Orange & Black/Orange. COMMS WIRE - Blue/Orange. IGN +12V - Red (White/Black)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just update for who had this problem , In bcm there is motorola MCU 908az32/60 all key data inside of this mcu.When u changed this bcm u should swap mcu too for start car.This method which Autospark told will not gonna work if your car same as mine (immo in bcm)
B.Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts