Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have bad e brake problems?
Mine keeps seizing up and dragging ever since the car was new.
Last week it stuck so bad the back end vibrated like crazy and ka bang it releases and the rim etc was super hot.
Was just at dealership, when I parked the car I set it, released it and backed up and screeee I figured no way they can say nothing is wrong.
Guess w hat, they said nothing is wrong.
What should I do, e brake was serviced at 82,000 kms I'm at 91,000 now.
I think I know why they are not admitting anything is wrong.
My car came with the freedom maintenance package up to 80,000 kms which included consumables minus the tires,maintenance checks etc.
I think they dragged it out because the e brake pads etc would've been on the dealerships dime.
They wont admit anythings wrong because they know I will say this has been going on a long time and started while under your maintenance plan.
I am scared my wheel bearing might be cooked from all the excessive heat because sometimes on highway like day I left dealership the car will start a low vibration in bottom on seat and next thing the car sounds like a helicopter then slowly dies down and goes away. Sometimes when backing up i can hear a light scraping sound.
Maybe the helicopter sound is the brake dragging?
I don't use the e brake anymore but sometimes I forget...
I was actually told the bye the service guy that left dealership before that I use it too much and that's why it seizes!
Now I'm told it's probably road debris etc but hello, it was just serviced not even 11,000 kms ago.
What should I do, I have work orders with cleaning and lubing of it's system and my complaints when they said nothing is wrong.
Should I go to another dealer and have them look?
Then what after?
Camvap Canada?

·
Registered
72 Posts
My ebrake wasnt holding at all at about 55000 km, i told them and they replaced my rear disks no questions asked. works like new.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My ebrake wasnt holding at all at about 55000 km, i told them and they replaced my rear disks no questions asked. works like new.
Did they replace your e brake shoes or brake disc and pads?The discs/pads have almost zero to do with the emerg brake, they probably adjusted yours...
The e brake uses regular brake shoes with a drum e brake and brake disc set up, the drum and disc is combined

1 - 3 of 3 Posts