Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one do i get? can anyone recommend the right one for me? just a lip spoiler(factory style) there are so freakin many of em and prices vary wildly. anyone ever buy an ebay spolier? happy with it?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
There is no OEM spoiler available for the Sonata. They are all aftermarket/dealer add on. You are going to have to be more specific.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no OEM spoiler available for the Sonata. They are all aftermarket/dealer add on. You are going to have to be more specific.
i think there is a mix up here lol. i test drove a sonata with a lip spoiler on the trunk. must have been a dealer add on. i guess im talking about the ones the dealers use.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
i think there is a mix up here lol. i test drove a sonata with a lip spoiler on the trunk. must have been a dealer add on. i guess im talking about the ones the dealers use.
Yes, dealer add on. You cannot purchase a spoiler as an option from Hyundai. And different dealers use different spoilers. So a picture might help and get you better information.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There may be other sellers that are cheaper, so just look around. Make sure to check the shipping cost also, and estimated delivery time. I only recommend this seller because of my own experience with them.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
fyi....not sure about your local laws....

but, if the third brake light is mounted on the parcel shelf, some states require a third brake light be visible in the spoilers. if the light is mounted high on the window or in the trunk, a third brake light is not necessary.

just thought i would throw that out there.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have no experience with this kind of stuff but how does it get attached to the trunk? Does the trunk get damaged if I ever decide to remove the spoiler?

·
Registered
726 Posts

·
22,793 Posts
Bought mine from autowingandspoilerking on eBay. $105 (at the time) + additional $20 for the Shimmering White Metallic color due to the extra paint processing step for the metal flake. LED 3rd brake light included. Installed myself. Been on a year. Flawless. Arrived in pristine condition.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wing king...have the exact lip spoiler that the dealer uses...color match, you can attach with screws, or 3m tape (from my understanding)...

·
22,793 Posts
If it is the lip spoiler, mounts with 3M tape, usually. You'll want to read the instruction criteria BEFORE you buy! And watch some installation videos on You Tube to help you through the planning stages prior to purchasing.

If it is the winged style, like mine, it's most definitely mounted with screws. How do the screws attach, you ask? Glad you asked: From drilling holes into your rear deck and attaching them from the bottom. Five to seven of them, depending upon spoiler manufacturer! Not a job for an amateur or first-time beginner!! Pay someone to install it if this describes you particular expertise with this type of mod.

Just trying to be pro-active in helping you avoid a long road of regrets and mistakes. I'm no expert, but fully competent in matters such as installing a feature like you want. And I was as nervous as a hooker in church when I began the install. Thankfully, all went "better than well."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts