Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to warn Hyundai owners about an ebay seller who sells TPMS sensors

wipmyride is an ebay seller I brought 4 TPMS Sensors from to put on my aftermarket rims I brought. I had them installed, at first they all seem to work, my car was saying drive to display, well it never went past drive to display. I took it back to meineke who installed them, they said the 2 front sensors had no coding in them now but when installed they did, they said there is an battery in them and it died so basically their worthless..

I started to read this sellers feedback ( I know I should had before I brought ) He has a lot of feedback from people saying they have faced the same problems.

If your looking to buy new TPMS Sensors on ebay, My advise is stay away from that Seller wipmyride

I also try to work out a solution with him, asking him to send me 2 new sensors and that I would send the defective ones back once I had the new ones installed since it would cost me twice as much to have the defective ones removed, sent back and then go back and have the new ones installed at another time costing me to pay for the service all again for a third time. What upset me is after reading his feedback, I see that other people have had similar problems with no coding being in the sensors he sells. I should had read the feedback before I brought the sensors .. It will cost me 65 dollars to get 2 new front ones. I dont know maybe I should just wait and buy 4 OEM sensors vs ebay cheap sensors.

I guess it's true, you get what you pay for and in my case, cheaper is not always really cheaper in the long run

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Avoid China like the plague on low cost items, something that costs them 80 cents to ship something here will cost you 27 bucks to ship it back, not worth it for a five buck item. Click on USA only when buying.

Just purchased a refurb laptop from ebay, didn't look like anything in their photos. Contacted ebay, they are contacting the seller to send me a postage paid return label. Also using paypal offers protection.

Son got the best deal on complete brake parts from Amazon with namebrand parts. At first said buy locally, we even have a major distributor in town. For the same make ceramic pads, were 20 bucks from Amazon, local store wanted 60!

Use to be would get the best prices from vehicle dealers. They purchase parts by the millions and have their own distribution system, even up to 80% off, but that changed completely in that crash of 2008.

Congress made TPMS law, talk about a way overpriced pressure gauge. And total lack of common sense with some engineers. First mistake was adding the sensors to the valve stem, on many wheels, the outside of the valve stem points toward the center of the wheel. This means the sensor is parallel to the tire, so when the tire is pushed down, breaks off the sensor. Talk about idiots.

Sensors of these types can be powered by an RF signal, meaning no battery is required, major form of failure is the battery, also exposed to severe temperature variations, batteries don't like this. Sensors cost around a buck to manufacture, cheapest you can find is in the 30 buck range, if going to a dealer its 80 bucks.

If insisting on using a battery could be mounted in an alloy wheel, with a moisture proof cap so anyone could replace it.

Impossible to read the dash if you are putting air in the tire, still need to carry a tire pressure gauge, Hyundai is even worse, vehicle has to be moving before you get a display, try filling a tire while running along side of it. But at least you don't need an overpriced instrument to reprogram the tires location.

Last but not least, very few convenient beer and gas stations have air, some that do cost 50 cents for one blast, no law to offer air, talk about stupid congressman. So you should also carry a tire pump.

Air in a spray can! You got to be kidding.

Alarm triggers with a 25% loss of air pressure, if you pay attention to your vehicle, you can fill that with handling. Don't need this way overpriced almost worthless system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts