Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed remote start I got from eBay. Was 109$ at the time I purchased, now it's 129$. Only works with push to start. Think it was about 9 wires I had to install. Takes about 1 hour to do. Works with factory fob by pressing lock 3 times. Actually has a good distance. Highly recommended if you don't feel like paying that crazy yearly fee for blue link

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Link or it didn't happen. :surprise:

If this is as good as you say, times have sure changed.......................... for the better. :grin2:

Do you know if it works on a 2013?

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
760 Posts
Nice, although wouldn't work for me. I'm about 1/4 mile away from my car, so fob won't work. Need smartphone abilities, which seems is only available via Bluelink. Haven't been able to find any other ones that'll work for the 2016/2017 SFS Push to Start and has smartphone abilities.

:(

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No price there regarding the viper system, But I highly doubt it's anywhere near the vicinity of 130$. The eBay one is as simple as it gets. Can easily be installed by a novice also.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I really prefer not to have extra stuff attached to my key ring. I can stand inside at apposite end of my house and the OEM fob mysteriously reaches the car to turn it on through a hallway and multiple walls.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah I really prefer not to have extra stuff attached to my key ring. I can stand inside at apposite end of my house and the OEM fob mysteriously reaches the car to turn it on through a hallway and multiple walls.
The long range version also works with your OEM keyfobs same as the non-long range version (3 lock key presses to start).

It just comes with 1 extra keyfob for the long range, which you can choose whether to use or not.

I think this is pretty cool... most of the time I won't need the long range remote so will leave it at home, and use the factory keyfob to remote start it.

When I'm going somewhere where I will need to remote start it from a distance (parked up at the ski hill, at a mall surface lot, from the office etc) I can take the long range fob, start it from a distance, and have it warm when I get to it. In fact, for the office, I could even just leave the long range fob in my desk and start it before I leave at the end of the day.

My only wish would be that it could start the heated seats, heated steering wheel, and window defroster. Some OEM solutions do this when it detects the temperature is low enough.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just make sure your heated wheel is on before you turn the car off. Atleast that will automatically come on. It's what I've been doing. Another nice thing is the radio does not come on until you hit the brake which means whatever you were listening to continues once your actually in the car. And you don't have the ridiculous flashing parking lights that blue link remote start creates. You will have solid parking lights on without the flashing.

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
760 Posts
Either way why the heck would you want a monthly payment for remote start. I think it sounds ridiculous and is ridiculous
$5/month is a reasonable price, IMO, for having 3+ months of subzero temps and having a nice warm car waiting for me for the drive home.

If I lived in a more amenable climate, I probably wouldn't want the feature.

I also pay monthly fees for SiriusXM, and Verizon FIOS cable and TV. Fortunately I'm the judge of what's ridiculous since it's my money.

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
760 Posts
The long range version also works with your OEM keyfobs same as the non-long range version (3 lock key presses to start).

It just comes with 1 extra keyfob for the long range, which you can choose whether to use or not.

I think this is pretty cool... most of the time I won't need the long range remote so will leave it at home, and use the factory keyfob to remote start it.

When I'm going somewhere where I will need to remote start it from a distance (parked up at the ski hill, at a mall surface lot, from the office etc) I can take the long range fob, start it from a distance, and have it warm when I get to it. In fact, for the office, I could even just leave the long range fob in my desk and start it before I leave at the end of the day.

My only wish would be that it could start the heated seats, heated steering wheel, and window defroster. Some OEM solutions do this when it detects the temperature is low enough.
From what I've read, the heated steering wheel should be "doable" provided you had it on when you shut the car off. Not sure about the defroster. But no go on the heated seats. I've yet to find any 3rd party remote that'll do that with the Push to Start SFS 2013-current.

There's an explanation as to why on one of the vendors (the Canadian one, I can't recall off the top of my head). Something about it being a CANBUS or something signal and without the programming code or whatever, it can't be done.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts