Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently bought "All New I20" (2020 India Model) and would like to install a dashcam using Hardwire. I am connecting Yellow and Red wires to Memory and PowerOutlet fuse options respectively. However I don't know where would I give earthing connection. Would it work if I connect earthing to either of the screws below the Fuse Box?

Need desperate help on this. Attaching the pics of fuse box.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai i20 SE Connect
174 Posts
This recent forum thread discussed fitting a dash-cam to an i10

dash cam I10

and included this YouTube video relating to 'hard wiring' a dash-cam on an i20 and how to find an earthing connection.

As is infuriatingly common the age of the car is not stated in the video, but the principles involved should be relevant to current-model i20s.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I as of late purchased "All New I20" (2020 India Model) and might want to introduce a dashcam utilizing Design. I'm associating Yellow and Red wires to Memory and PowerOutlet intertwine choices individually. Anyway I don't have the foggiest idea where might I give earthing association. Could it work in the event that I associate earthing to both of the screws beneath the Circuit Box?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,388 Posts
Could it work in the event that I associate earthing to both of the screws beneath the Circuit Box?
No, those screws only screw into the fusebox support bracket not the car body. The 10mm bolts at the top of the fusebox that secure it to the car body should work though.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts