Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I have not bought one of the "Monday" or "Friday afternoon" YF cars. I have noticed an overall sloppy wire insulating tape job on my new 2013. Several times I have times pulled off excess tape, finished the end of wire tape job and yesterday when I upgraded my headlights found two 1 inch pieces of tape just lying in the engine bay (it appears the worker did not bother to throw away the tape and dropped it in the bay).

This is not a huge concern but I have never observed this with any car, anyone else noticed this too?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have not found this to be the case with my 2013 Sonata SE 2.0T either. In fact every wire loom and tape enclosure was very neat and finished properly, no left over tape or scraps of any kind were noted with this car.

·
Registered
322 Posts
If you create login credentials on http://www.hyundaitechinfo.com, you will be able to see your car's exact "born on" date not to mention a plethora of other useful information (throughout its life, not just its birth). Once you do that you can look up any Hyundai by its VIN and determine color, engine, transmission, trim package, port-installed options, open/completed recall campaigns, etc. with specificity as well as TSB's and accessory installation instructions too.

Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

P.S.: Kia has a similar site but it doesn't have as much functionality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts