Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of this being possible with our HSH's?

Problem with Head Unit at Startup

"Try waiting for the system to fully boot up before putting it in reverse, does that help the camera come on faster?

The system will start booting when you unlock door, even using remote key fob, before starting the car. So you can try using the key fob early to unlock door before you get to the car, then by the time you start the car and put it in reverse, maybe there won't be a delay."

Head Unit Issues from a Kia forum

·
Registered
332 Posts
Tom, I have not heard this but I have experienced similar behavior with the HSH in general. I am sometimes quicker than the car where I sit hit the break and press the start button before the car can react. Then I look to put it in gear as well. It would be interesting and be very possible for this to be a cause of the backup camera not coming on for some.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I had a 2011 Sonata limited, and currently have a 2013 Azera with Nav. I discover that letting the system boot completely avoids a lot of glitches on the Nav and Bluetooth. I suggest pressing the door unlock button on the key fob about 20 seconds before entering the car. By the time you get seated and fasten your seatbelt, the system should be about good to go.

I can personally attest to the fact that this also applies to the backup camera.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Most mornings when I get in my car I start it up, turn off Blue Drive, Turn on the heater and defroster, turn the radio on, hit the windshield wipers, roll down the windows then put it into reverse. Overall maybe a couple of minutes or a little longer. Most mornings the camera gives me a blue screen or scrolls. In the afternoon when I go to leave the office and things are warmer I hardly ever have an issue with the back up camera.

I complained about this with the dealer once and they put a dielectric lube on the connector and said it should fix it....it didn't.

Chuck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts