Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2016 limited and I notice dust on the inside of both of the front headlights. It's not a ton but definitely noticeable. Anyone else experienced this? Is this normal? Any thoughts on how to clean the inside of the headlights?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Mine are still crystal clear. No recent accident?

·
Registered
48 Posts
mine is , or mabe I should say my wife's car is garage kept with only 9000 mi on it & yeah I got the dust inside headlights also.....not much but enough to make me crazy when i wash & dry her car!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope - no accidents. It's very strange as it appears the headlights are sealed so I don't see how dust could have gotten in there. I'll see if the dealer will take a look and cover it under warranty.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The headlights on my 2017 do appear to have a significant amount of dust on the inside of the headlights. The outside is also a dust magnet, I can wipe them off and the next day there will be a layer of dust covering them. Maybe some kind of weird static going on that makes dust that would normally be laying at the bottom of the headlight stick to the front instead?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I had the dealer look at it and they said it's tiny little chips in the glass from road debris and rocks and that the light reflects off the pitted glass and makes it look like dust on the inside. Hmmm... not sure I buy that.

·
Registered
284 Posts
See the same, looks clear until you turn lights on, fine dust looking stuff. One could gain access by removing the high beam lamp maybe? If it got really bad I'd try snaking something in there with a vacuum at the other end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts