Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone at the dealership before I got my car put random crap in all the radio presets on my '18 Limited with the Ultimate Pkg.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to remove and un-assign them. Any ideas?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just tune to what channel you want to save and then press and hold the preset you want to overwrite

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
For both my Elantra and Tucson. You just hole the preset button for a few seconds and it locks onto that station your on.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I know I can overwrite them. I've only got a few stations I need programmed in though. I'd like to remove some of these other 33 or so that are randomly filled

·
Registered
92 Posts
For both my Elantra and Tucson. You just hole the preset button for a few seconds and it locks onto that station your on.
The sonata doesn't have hard preset buttons. It's all controlled on the touch screen. Does ur Elantra have hard buttons for presents?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Unfortunately you can't just leave them blank, so I would fill those slots up with popular radio channels in ur area just in case anyone else drives ur car :)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
The sonata doesn't have hard preset buttons. It's all controlled on the touch screen. Does ur Elantra have hard buttons for presents?

No, they are part of the touchscreen. Just hold in place and it sets.

Reactions: jessepaws21

·
Registered
50 Posts
The simple answer to your question is, you can't. You can't set those presets back to default(nothing). If you only have 3 stations you want, you'll have to reset the radio unit to factory to clear those presets. Easier said than done, however.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Someone at the dealership before I got my car put random crap in all the radio presets on my '18 Limited with the Ultimate Pkg.
Just in case: I don't know if the radio might do an automatic scan when it is turned on for the first time. I suspect - not, but I don't know for sure.

But if someone indeed did that dis-service, - I feel your pain. I hate when people do what they haven't been asked to, just because they are bored or think they know how it would be better for you. (Or they just place their OCD above yours. :wink: )
The most frequent "help" comes from some cashiers and clerks:
- Have you activated this credit card already?
- Yes.
- Here we go, I peeled this sticker from it for you.
- Did I ask you to do that?
- But you should remove it...
- No, I needed it as it serves a purpose. And it is not your business!
- Oh, don't worry, I'll put it back for you.
- No, it won't hold well anymore!
- Would you like me to tape it?
- Grrr!....
- I am just trying to be helpful!...
[email protected]#$%^&*()

·
Registered
221 Posts
OK.. you got me... I want to know what the purpose it serves is?:wink:
The main purpose is to help distinguishing this card from others:
There've been three main reasons that I can think at the moment:
1. In one situation, - to distinguish between two different credit cards (from the same bank) that look the same.
2. In most other cases, - after I received the new card and placed it to the valet, there is a period when I have both the old and the new card, before I made sure the new one worked. Or, sometimes I need to carry the old one because of the purchase I made with it before the replacement came in: this usually happens with tickets - for travel or concerts - where they want to see the original card used for the purchase.
3. To mark one card designated for a specific purpose.

... But all these reasons shouldn't matter for the cashier/clerk. Even if there was no practical reason, I can just choose to do so.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the same issue on my Sonata only it was almost all of the Sat Radio presets. Someone mentioned earlier about pulling the radio fuse for 3 min. Will this do the trick?

What is involved in "resetting the radio to factory specs"?

RB

·
Registered
2 Posts
The simple answer to your question is, you can't. You can't set those presets back to default(nothing). If you only have 3 stations you want, you'll have to reset the radio unit to factory to clear those presets. Easier said than done, however.
Amazing. I was told the same thing about tuning to the next preset on my radio screen from the passenger side when I asked about using a button. "You can't." I have to use the touch screen. I don't want to use the touch screen. I can't. How about that. Thank goodness I didn't have too many presets when I bought the car. I figured out that you CAN'T delete the ones you don't want. How stupid is that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can someone tell me the location of the fuse that controls the radio on my 2018 Elantra? I want to pull it to reset the presets on the radio too. Is it the multimedia fuse? I don't see a fuse labeled, "radio" anywhere.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts