Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the limited with nav and expecting dual pipe/exhaust and didn't get it. i see some pics being posted with the nice kinda molded in dual pipes (maybe mostly american models).

have i been short changed?

should i chase my dealer?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Don't know about Canada, but in the U.S., only the SE model comes with dual exhaust. The limited does not.

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (Veengo @ Apr 20 2010, 10:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314920
I bought the limited with nav and expecting dual pipe/exhaust and didn't get it. i see some pics being posted with the nice kinda molded in dual pipes (maybe mostly american models).

have i been short changed?

should i chase my dealer?
The Canadian version of the limited certainly does not have the dual exhaust pipes, it certainly would have been nice though and considering that we are paying so much more for effectively less (no push button start, 5 years vs 10 years drivetrain warrenty) it would certainly fit into the cars cost structure. However, that would go totally against the grain of Hyundai Canada to offer anything more than Hyundai USA on the same model, unless we are willing to pay 25% more instead of “only” 10-15% more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (RamKat @ Apr 20 2010, 11:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314934
The Canadian version of the limited certainly does not have the dual exhaust pipes, it certainly would have been nice though and considering that we are paying so much more for effectively less (no push button start, 5 years vs 10 years drivetrain warrenty) it would certainly fit into the cars cost structure. However, that would go totally against the grain of Hyundai Canada to offer anything more than Hyundai USA on the same model, unless we are willing to pay 25% more instead of “only” 10-15% more.
I have been grossly misinformed then. I did ask my sales guy this before the delivery and he said yest the limited with nav comes with dual pipes.

I agree on the how much more we're paying up here considering the close to parity of our dollar with the greenback.

However, I was told by my dealer and signed one of the paper on delivery that my purchase comes with 5 yr bumper to bumper warranty. I also got the 1 yr walk away assurance (I only heard of that with Saturn vehicles a few years back).

Over all I'm still happy with the car.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (Veengo @ Apr 20 2010, 08:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314954
I have been grossly misinformed then. I did ask my sales guy this before the delivery and he said yest the limited with nav comes with dual pipes.

I agree on the how much more we're paying up here considering the close to parity of our dollar with the greenback.

However, I was told by my dealer and signed one of the paper on delivery that my purchase comes with 5 yr bumper to bumper warranty. I also got the 1 yr walk away assurance (I only heard of that with Saturn vehicles a few years back).

Over all I'm still happy with the car.
While the Dual Pipes across the entire Hyundai line look incredible, they are not actually Real, at least on the V6. Also I read where many

people claim they have a 5YR, 100KM Power Train Warranty, when it is in fact a "Comprehensive" Warranty in Canada, & called a "Limited"

Warranty in the U.S. Bumper to Bumper is too kind, and a term Hyundai does not use freely!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ Apr 20 2010, 01:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314987
While the Dual Pipes across the entire Hyundai line look incredible, they are not actually Real, at least on the V6.
Hey Miami. . . my dual tailpipes on the SE netted me a whopping 2 extra HP over the GLS or limited models (200 v. 198). :banana:

Haha not quite the same pick-up as my '06 3.3L V6, but the gas mileage is much better which is what I desperately wanted :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (alex2006sonata @ Apr 20 2010, 10:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314990
Hey Miami. . . my dual tailpipes on the SE netted me a whopping 2 extra HP over the GLS or limited models (200 v. 198). :banana:

Haha not quite the same pick-up as my '06 3.3L V6, but the gas mileage is much better which is what I desperately wanted :thumbsup:
Well 2HP is better than nothing! It is just those 4 Cyl Engines thrive on Compression. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ Apr 20 2010, 11:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315006
I wonder if they make a dual exhaust as a part for the limited. Ahhh if they only put the 18" wheels and dual exhaust on the limited..... :w00t:
It's not physically possible to simply add dual exhaust on the Limited. Reason being is that it requires a different rear bumper (only available on the SE) with cutouts for the pipes. You could conceivably replace the entire rear bumper and at the same time replace the exhaust.

·
Registered
678 Posts
QUOTE (ajacobs1979 @ Apr 20 2010, 02:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315009
It's not physically possible to simply add dual exhaust on the Limited. Reason being is that it requires a different rear bumper (only available on the SE) with cutouts for the pipes. You could conceivably replace the entire rear bumper and at the same time replace the exhaust.
The GLS and Limited have the pipes pointing down, if they make a dual that is pointing down, I think It is possible, but yeah, I agree with you on that. In roder to get those dual exhaust on their would require changing the bumpers as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ Apr 20 2010, 03:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315020
The GLS and Limited have the pipes pointing down, if they make a dual that is pointing down, I think It is possible, but yeah, I agree with you on that. In roder to get those dual exhaust on their would require changing the bumpers as well.
Thanks to all who responded to this. I guess its a lost cause for me...'should've done better on my research work so my expectations are better managed.

I just can't imagine and understand why a reasonably priced sporty looking car would not have dual pipes in them.

·
Registered
678 Posts
QUOTE (Veengo @ Apr 20 2010, 05:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315054
Thanks to all who responded to this. I guess its a lost cause for me...'should've done better on my research work so my expectations are better managed.

I just can't imagine and understand why a reasonably priced sporty looking car would not have dual pipes in them.
Are you not happy with the Limited?

I am originally looking at buying an SE w/nav, but now...I'm contemplating about getting the Limited w/nav

So I guess here is what you need to consider with pros and cons of each model...

In SE:

Pros: 18" Wheels, Dual Exhaust, Sport Tuned Suspension
Cons: Not fully leather, no backup camera, no dual climate, sunroof is not standard, no dual climate control, no heated seat, ride quality is a little bumpier on bad roads (I test drove it on 64 in Richmond VA and sure enough you can really feel the bumps), no side mirror turn signals

Well Just reverse it, and that's what you get with the Limited as you probably already know.

I mean 2hp difference...you really won't tell the difference. Plus here is probably the best part...you can replace parts on the Limited to make it perform like the SE with the exception of exhaust....although I bet someone will make a performance exhaust for it eventually cuz it's a hott car, like 18" wheels and stiffer suspension, but you cannot easily add the parts from a limited to an SE.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Unfortunantly us Canadian's don't have a SE to choose from. But I agree with others if you don't care for the features of the limited the SE is a great choice. If you want limited features like the signal mirrors and so on, you can convert it with the performance parts. You can easily get a SE bumper cover from the parts department and find a aftermarket shop to run dual exhaust for you. I'm sure the aftermarket guys probably have ways to cut holes in your current bumper cover too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
'am actually very happy with my limited/nav. everything in this car for its price is an upgrade to my CRV EXL. i've accepted the fact that my sales guy rush into making me believe i was gonna get the dual exhaust. not having this feature doesn't make the car less great for me. i love more of the stuff that's in the car when i'm in it than when i'm looking at from outside.

the se trim as already mentioned is not available in canada, but even if it was, i was still going for the trim with nav and leather seats. all the other bells and whistles such as back up camera, side mirror signal light, 17" alloy are all just bonuses to me. in fact i ordered the car with 18" gunmetal 5 spoke rim and am very anxiously waiting to get it installed.

·
Registered
678 Posts
QUOTE (Veengo @ Apr 21 2010, 01:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315346
'am actually very happy with my limited/nav. everything in this car for its price is an upgrade to my CRV EXL. i've accepted the fact that my sales guy rush into making me believe i was gonna get the dual exhaust. not having this feature doesn't make the car less great for me. i love more of the stuff that's in the car when i'm in it than when i'm looking at from outside.

the se trim as already mentioned is not available in canada, but even if it was, i was still going for the trim with nav and leather seats. all the other bells and whistles such as back up camera, side mirror signal light, 17" alloy are all just bonuses to me. in fact i ordered the car with 18" gunmetal 5 spoke rim and am very anxiously waiting to get it installed.
What?!!! you can order 18 inch wheels on your sonata from your dealer? ****... Actually the dealer I am talking to seems to really want my business. So far they offer the lowest price without trade OTD, and they know that I live 5 hours away so they want to be extra competitive so I may try and make them put the 18 wheels on the limited if I chose to get it.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yep dealers have a catalogue with Hyundai speced aftermarket Rims that are the exact same hub size and offset so direct bolt on. Selection us limited to 2 or 3 options though. Then they would have the aftermarjet catalogue which are the same types at brands you can get at tirera'k and so on. Not perfect bolt on so you will need centering ring and such. Option 2 is see if your dealer is willing to swap a set of se Rims on for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ Apr 21 2010, 01:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315347
What?!!! you can order 18 inch wheels on your sonata from your dealer? ****... Actually the dealer I am talking to seems to really want my business. So far they offer the lowest price without trade OTD, and they know that I live 5 hours away so they want to be extra competitive so I may try and make them put the 18 wheels on the limited if I chose to get it.

yup, and i didn't have to twist his arms to pay for half the cost of the rims and tires and installation. he's one of them sales guys that friends and family have been getting their hyundai cars from. i should be posting this in one of them threads, but apart from picking up the half the cost of my rims/tires, i also got the darker tint free, hood guard (but still waiting to pick up), extra rubber mats, wheel locks for my new rims, and ipod cable ----- ALL FOC. :banana:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts