Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
What is the reason you would want to?

I know they are slightly different appearance wise, what function would you be looking to gain?

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
You will need far more than just the control unit. There would be sensors to install as well. And yea, the wiring harness most likely does not have the plugs waiting for all this.

Gains will be minimal. Most people that have climate controls in their car don't like it for some reason. We have it in our Terrain (single zone though) and the biggest pro to it is that it turns the fan down when you make a call through the handsfree system. It came with the package Mama ordered so no extra $$ out of pocket. It it was, I doubt we would have it.

But if you have the money and time anything is possible. If the option is that important to you, best bet would be to trade up to a higher model HSH.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I simply thought that if it were easily doable for under $100, having the three individual buttons instead of the one (character representation) would be easier to select the various climate distribution modes. I don't frankly care. But, the wife does. And, as I'm sure most would agree.....happy wife....happy life.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd also like to do a swap on the map lights with the new 2014. I like the "focused" LED lights as opposed to the indiscriminate light distribution in the current 2013 map lights.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm going to guess way more than 100 bucks after all said and done. Do you adjust or leave things set on auto?

You can get all three zones on the base model... just a different way of one button.

As much as I agree on Happy Wife, Happy Life.. this might be one of the battles you pass on and find something else to make her happy!

As far as the LED overhead lights... there are TONS of aftermarket options for your lights that would plug-n-play

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
I'd also like to do a swap on the map lights with the new 2014. I like the "focused" LED lights as opposed to the indiscriminate light distribution in the current 2013 map lights.
Its a very easy mod. The parts are available on many of the vendor websites as well as eBay. Make sure you order the map and dome light set, as the mod covers both the front map lights and the rear dome light. Plan on 150ish for the total cost.

Takes about 10 minutes and one Phillips screwdriver to complete. The modules are the same size and the plugs are the same as whats on your original parts.

The lights are really nice and bright. I will admit, they are a bit dimmer than the stockers but I always thought they were too bright. Also, an added bonus is that the theater effect (when you shut the car off and get out) is more dramatic since the light is very even.

Overall, its a worthwhile mod and it won't mess with the warranty!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts