Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Santa Fe Limited. The passenger side blows cold air regardless of the temperature setting or mode. Any idea how to remedy this?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Fella with same issue in Sonata forum last week.. same repair...

Replace the temp door actuator on the passenger side.. I think it is around $90 for the part, a #2 phillips driver (long and short), and a good flash light to see up under right side dash at HVAC box.

Maybe 30 minute round trip I think, been a while since I replace one

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
It's been a while since mine was replaced, too, so don't dare quote a price -- no telling what they're getting for them now. Device is called 'blend motor' or one of several other names, but determines air mix for temperature, one per side when you have dual control.

Have seen some say to do them both if one fails, but honestly - mine was done quite some time ago on the driver's side, and no failure since on passenger side, so no point in doing them both, and it's a lot of extra work since they're on opposite sides.

Someone actually posted a source for replacement motors around here a while back, and swapped the raw motor in the assembly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dealer service guy says its not under warranty, although based on my experience with this dealer I'm not sure I believe him. How do I find out if it should be covered. I just tripped 50k

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should know the answer to this next question, but unfortunately I do not. Should I expect to pay a deductible for this repair under warrenty?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts