Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new to this community, so I truly apologize if there's a thread thoroughly covering my concern. I have a 2016 Santa Fe Limited with factory HID headlights (DS3 bulb). There is a retainer clip holding the bulb in place. Any recommendations for how to remove this clip? I've seen various tips from removing the headlight assembly to complicated strategies to remove the clip. I am trying to avoid taking it to a shop for what seems to be a simple procedure. Hopefully someone has easily preformed this bulb switch before.

Thank you in advance.

Ryan

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hey Ryan, there are a few threads regarding this and one has clear pictures on how to remove it but for the life of me I can’t seem to locate it. The process is not that hard so I’ll try my best to explain it, you need to press in hard at the center of the clip and what that does it will loosen the two sides of the clip behind the bulb allowing you to remove it. I would use a small flat screwdriver to lightly pry it outward behind the clip once you press in from the front if that make any sense. Just be patience and do not rush, believe me it took me awhile as well but once you’re used to it then next time it would be a breeze. GL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Ryan, there are a few threads regarding this and one has clear pictures on how to remove it but for the life of me I can’t seem to locate it. The process is not that hard so I’ll try my best to explain it, you need to press in hard at the center of the clip and what that does it will loosen the two sides of the clip behind the bulb allowing you to remove it. I would use a small flat screwdriver to lightly pry it outward behind the clip once you press in from the front if that make any sense. Just be patience and do not rush, believe me it took me awhile as well but once you’re used to it then next time it would be a breeze. GL

Thank you @DINO2K I will certainly give that a try. I know it must be a simple thing to do once you get the hang of it. I appreciate the explanation of the procedure. I searched all over YouTube to try to find a video of someone getting that clip off and couldn't find anything. I guess not too many people are changing the HID bulbs on this specific model (or they haven't posted videos of them doing it). Regardless, I appreciate your help very much!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thank you @DINO2K I will certainly give that a try. I know it must be a simple thing to do once you get the hang of it. I appreciate the explanation of the procedure. I searched all over YouTube to try to find a video of someone getting that clip off and couldn't find anything. I guess not too many people are changing the HID bulbs on this specific model (or they haven't posted videos of them doing it). Regardless, I appreciate your help very much!
Your very welcome and please let us know how it turns out, btw are you upgrading or replacing your DS3 bulbs? If you do just make sure you replace it with good quality bulbs and not some cheap ass EBay bulbs no pun intended, I’ve been through so many bulbs in the past and cheap bulbs will not last plus the brightness will not even come close to being bright.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@DINO2K I've stumbled into a problem getting that clip off. I wonder if there is a YouTube video out there....I'm sure watching someone do it would surely showcase how easy it is lol

·
Registered
855 Posts
@DINO2K I've stumbled into a problem getting that clip off. I wonder if there is a YouTube video out there....I'm sure watching someone do it would surely showcase how easy it is lol
Ryan, sorry to hear you’re having issue removing the clip and I haven’t seen any YouTube videos showing the instructions as far as I know. You really need to push in the clip in order to depress the back end of it, maybe try to use a flat screwdriver to help you push in some some extra force and see if that helps. Once there’s enough force to depress the two back end should come loose. I’ll see if I can find that thread where it shows all the pictures and where to push so it can give you a better idea.

·
Registered
855 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts