Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night while replacing the bulb of taillight on the driver side of my Santa Fe 2011 I dropped the screw in what seems like a completely inaccessible place. The space is between the plastic cover that gives access to the screws and the metal body of the car. I can't even see where that leads to. Any ideas on how to retrieve the screw?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Magnets are good for that. Harbor Fright has a selection in different sizes. I'm so lazy, I always keep a 15lb magnet handy in case I drop a tool or bolt... saves bending down.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Last night while replacing the bulb of taillight on the driver side of my Santa Fe 2011 I dropped the screw in what seems like a completely inaccessible place. The space is between the plastic cover that gives access to the screws and the metal body of the car. I can't even see where that leads to. Any ideas on how to retrieve the screw?
I had Uhaul do my hitch and long story short the wiring was piss poor quality so they had to redo it twice. Anyway after it failed again, coupled with a leaking tail light I went to replace the housing and rip out the old wiring I discovered that one side was only held in by 1 nut and the other side 2 nuts... Meaning the repair guys probably drop stuff all the time and they don't lose sleep over it and it probably won't affect anything/ nothing will fall off the car. while you're driving eventually the missing screw will jiggle out. If you are OCD like myself - rockauto has most screws and nuts OEM replacement quality for like a dime plus shipping which usually equates to $1 a bolt/nut. Or homedepot will net you something close for a quarter in the loose bin...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts