Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - two questions:
1. anyone have experience/recommendations with installing after-market DRLs on a 2014 SF Sport?
2. what the heck is the little rectangular blue light in the center of the overhead console?

Thanks for your help - glad to be here in the forum.
Dennis
2014 Santa Fe Sport

·
Registered
47 Posts
Q. what the heck is the little rectangular blue light in the center of the overhead console?
A. It's just for decoration, nothing more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all - two questions:
1. anyone have experience/recommendations with installing after-market DRLs on a 2014 SF Sport?
2. what the heck is the little rectangular blue light in the center of the overhead console?

Thanks for your help - glad to be here in the forum.
Dennis
2014 Santa Fe Sport
Hi,

1) yes, I just installed some aftermarket Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) on my 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport (not turbo) when I moved the car to Canada. After a LOT of research I purchased the Philips 12820WLEDX1 DayLight 4 High Powered Luxeon LED Daytime Running Light for about $75. They were easy to install in the vent spaces on the lower grill and look good. Only real trouble: almost impossible to drill holes and screw in the mounts. I used some really heavy duty double sided auto body molding tape to hold the lights in place. So far (since Feb 2018), they are doing great and they passed the RIV inspection for Canada.
2) I believe that little blue light is to illuminate the cupholder section of the console at night. Cool, huh?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts