Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my girlfriend's 2013 the DRL's don't seem to be working. Is there some way to turn them on? It's a basic GLS model. I thought they were standard on all Elantras. Am I wrong?
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Probably because you have I higher package. I chose the SE for the 1.8L manual transmission. At least it's confirmed that the DRL now has a switch.
I don't think that's the reason. From what I've been reading so far, Hyundai has the ability to ship a lot of different configurations to different parts of the world.
Probably even as per the importer request and mainly because of wheater and marketing constraints.
For example, here in Israel the seat warmer and side mirrors defroster are not needed and therefore they are not even optional.
I wonder if in USA the packages offered in CA are the same as in AK.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Some people dispute whether or not the way the DRL works is true DRL or not with complaints about the way the light stalk works, as well as complaints about the tail lights also turning on. But to answer the OP, the fog lights are not standard on the US version of the 2013 GLS and requires the preferred package.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some people dispute whether or not the way the DRL works is true DRL or not with complaints about the way the light stalk works, as well as complaints about the tail lights also turning on. But to answer the OP, the fog lights are not standard on the US version of the 2013 GLS and requires the preferred package.
Thanks for confirming it. I was pretty sure that was the case, but I didn't see it on the list of items in the Preferred package.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did a search on the interweb. Apparently in mid 2012 they changed the DRL's from "always on" to "only on when the parking lights are on". I'll compare my 2011 with my gf's 2013 this weekend.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I did a search on the interweb. Apparently in mid 2012 they changed the DRL's from "always on" to "only on when the parking lights are on". I'll compare my 2011 with my gf's 2013 this weekend.
That makes no sense, if you already turned on your parking lights why would you need DRLs?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
That makes no sense, if you already turned on your parking lights why would you need DRLs?
Yep, that's why it's useless. Plus it makes me wonder how smart Hyundai is for doing a mid-year mechanical change that in my opinion wastes money since they had a perfectly good operating system in place for the DRL's. It had to have cost them some bucks for the rewiring and the signal lever changes.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep, that's why it's useless. Plus it makes me wonder how smart Hyundai is for doing a mid-year mechanical change that in my opinion wastes money since they had a perfectly good operating system in place for the DRL's. It had to have cost them some bucks for the rewiring and the signal lever changes.
Doesn't make much sense to me, either. Why not just wait til the regular model change.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Yes they did for USA model Elantra mid 2012. Apparently a lot of people did not like always on DRL and Hyundai just switched. I remember members thinking their new cars were broken. I personally like them and glad it's standard for 2011.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes they did for USA model Elantra mid 2012. Apparently a lot of people did not like always on DRL and Hyundai just switched. I remember members thinking their new cars were broken. I personally like them and glad it's standard for 2011.
Same here.Although I wish they were a little brighter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my girlfriend's 2013 the DRL's don't seem to be working. Is there some way to turn them on? It's a basic GLS model. I thought they were standard on all Elantras. Am I wrong?
Thanks for any input.
I am an electronic engineer and as it happened to all of us we want a response from the distributor but the truth is we cannot give ourselves a difference and I have taken the task of solving the problem but it is definitely impossible the new fuse box shares the circuits and the light relays Something that tries to separate and leave the DRL when starting the car but when doing this the high beams do not drive is just that the manufacturer error is in the lights command that it failed to put a line to separate the park lights from the DRL Seeing that this had no solution, take a new circuit and a new line to operate the DRL independently, but it is recommended to use Led lights to avoid recharging the circuit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts