Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to have DRL enabled on a 2004 Matrix? Is it possible to have the position lights (small front lights) function as a DRL?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,322 Posts
Is it possible to have DRL enabled on a 2004 Matrix?
Only if the car came from the factory with DRLs and they were disabled. I suppose if someone disabled them you'd be able to re-enable them again.

panosc said:
Is it possible to have the position lights (small front lights) function as a DRL?
If you mean could you modify the cars wiring to make the side/tail lights switch on automatically when you switch the ignition on, then yes, I suppose you could. I'm not sure the car would pass an MOT (or your countries roadworthiness inspection) with the lights wired like that though.

Alternatively, you could just buy an aftermarket DRL kit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I reside in Greece and the car did not come with DRL. If the same model was sold elsewhere, there is a possibility that DRL was disabled in the ECU for Greek customers since they were not used in Greece at the time. Is this possible and how could we find out? In any other case, I do not want to change the wiring of the car. Many thanks for your answer!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,322 Posts
I reside in Greece and the car did not come with DRL. If the same model was sold elsewhere, there is a possibility that DRL was disabled in the ECU for Greek customers.
The DRL wouldn't be disabled in the ECU on a 2004 MY Hyundai. They aren't that sophisticated...which is a good thing IMO.

If DRL wasn't a requirement in Greece, the car wouldn't have been fitted with the DRL wiring. Just like our cars here in the UK didn't have DRL back in 2004.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts