Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the plug while swapping DRL and need to replace but it seems that our car uses non standard H1 plugs due to the DRL/high beams on the same bulb. Most of the aftermarket connectors just have a single wire for the H1 but our car has 2 wires green and black going to H1 connector.

Does anybody know where to find a replacement connector with pigtail wiring so I can just swap it out? If not does anyone have suggestions on what to replace the plug with. I would like to keep the dual function DRL/high beams.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sounds like the best bet would be to go back to the original setup, vs switching to aftermarket.... Pick-a-part? Or online if you can find a part number...

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like the best bet would be to go back to the original setup, vs switching to aftermarket.... Pick-a-part? Or online if you can find a part number...
Cant find original part number(s) and dont really have time to
visit the dealer parts counter or out to the country to a scrapyard this week.

Something like that might work. Thanks for the link I will investigate this a bit more.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think I found the right part, off to bed now will check again in morning when not tired and update the thread

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the part I found late last night, just ordered two. Will report back after they arrive https://www.belmetric.com/ehalh12-ehal-p-3046.html?cPath=18_557

FYI everybody I checked autozone, napa, and the other local parts stores yesterday and nobody stocks this plug. I found the part above linked from another automotive forum. Not many vehicles use this type of connector apparently.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Nice find. I was looking at The Retrofit Source and they show the single wire connection for $5. They might have the two wire connection too but would need to ask to be sure.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I will connect wires without any stock plug, just using any wire connectors from pepboys/autozone, like I did on mine...

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will connect wires without any stock plug, just using any wire connectors from pepboys/autozone, like I did on mine...
There are two wires and the stock H1 plugs I found only had 1 lead. What wire connectors did you use?

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My connectors came in and they look like good quality parts. I will have to pull the headlight and break out the soldering iron this weekend.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Happy to report the repair worked. Both DRL/high beams are fully operational again. I also have a spare connector so if anybody else runs into this issue pm me

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts