Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've done a search of this forum and found no previous questions about this...
I'm trying to find the DRL control module under the dash of a 2011 santa fe. I've looked all over the internet for a pic of this thing and can't find a match to my vehicle. I've had the dash apart a few times and am now on here looking for help.

New here so if i'm doing something wrong let me know

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,924 Posts
Hi there, welcome aboard.

AFAIK, there is no dedicated DRL control module on later models. I'm pretty sure the DRLs are controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module). The BCM is the module behind the dash with the little rubber duck antenna attached to it.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
132 Posts
i just checked the 2007 manual... there is a section in there called DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS (Canada only) with the wiring diagram. AUTOSPARK is right. There is no specific DRL control module for the daytime running lights.

There is a DRL relay that is controlled by the BCM (at M13D) which feeds power to the EO1 DRL resistor then into the underhood junction box, and then on to the head light high beam lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys! That makes sense since I can't find anything on this. After looking into the BCM i can see that this might also be why my door locks are not working properly. I have no doubt that this will cost me more than a $20 DRL relay!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts