Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Anyone here that has some experience with the DRL control module on a santa fe and could help me with answering why I have voltage through pin 11 and out through pin 10 but nothing out pin 12?

I have replaced the module once just to be sure it wasnt a faulty circuit but doesnt work with the new one either.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have no experience with DRL, however pin 12 is illuminations so should it be outputting with DRL active or only when headlights are on to illuminate the cluster and switch gear?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
532 Posts
Assume the fuse was tested with a continuity tester and not just visual just in case? The circuit implies it feeds battery voltage to the illuminations after that fuse provided that relay closes contact. so if the fuse is good and the relay is out but terminals 30/87 are jumpered to simulate a closed relay I wonder if that illuminates the interior.?

Otherwise, it's probably going to need someone who's been in this situation with DRL.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, tested with multimeter. The relay seems to work, if i put my finger on it and switch on the lights i can feel it clicking. From my picture I would assume the voltage goes through the relay and then to the drl module, i think the route through fuse 28 is for cars without drl. Since i dont even have wires going to ip-b pin 7 and em04 pin 3.

Ive been testing everything and pulled out interior to check lights and contiuity through all wires, everything chechs out except for that no voltage comes out of connector E30 pin 12.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My rear fog lights also seems to not get any power, relay and lights work fine, but not getting any voltage through to light..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which one? The tail lamp relay?
On your picture there is a drl relay and tail relay which I think are inside the DRL module, and it cant be opened, I smashed open my old one just to see what it looked like and there are two relay looking things inside.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I was thinking tail lamp relay, I'm just throwing ideas out there in hope. Relays can be active but have burnt contacts inside.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Changed the relay, still nothing.. Tried the contiuity and voltage test according to your image, and everything checks out except for no contiuity on pin 10, but everything in that circuit still gets voltage.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'd love to solve it for you but I'm just fumbling along with you. Those last diagrams I got from the EU market manual but from what I saw with your auto zone links they looked the same.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And I thank you for trying to help me.
Well its an EU car so those are correct I think. Gonna check my old drl module to see if i can trigger the relay inside just to see if it works.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Relay inside worked, so I am clueless as to what it could be right now..

Edit: gonna see whats wrong with the rear fog lights first, maybe they share a circuit or something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts