Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Daylight Running Lights are on all the time. Two 60 watt low beam headlights through a resistor that is continuously wasting around 40 watts. (The resistors are below the battery tray towards the radiator.)

Has anyone tried a DC/DC invertor or running these in series with other lights such as foglights or tailights?

The Professor

·
Registered
302 Posts
The DRL's are actually the high beams in low wattage. I think burnitwithfire went through the DRLs schematic and found something interesting IIRC. However, to answer your second question, many of us who added the fog lights ourselves took the power from the low beams and ran them in a parallel circuit, worked like a charm.

·
Registered
35 Posts
DRLs are definitely through the high-beams; when I've got the lights off, the hi-beam indicator light glows a little bit (not full brightness).

When I first got the car, I thought it strange that when my lights were off, the hi-beam indicator was illuminated!

·
Registered
810 Posts
QUOTE (jptrsn @ Sep 15 2010, 05:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356502
when I've got the lights off, the hi-beam indicator light glows a little bit (not full brightness).

When I first got the car, I thought it strange that when my lights were off, the hi-beam indicator was illuminated!
Uh. This is not normal. You should get it checked out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts