Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded to the new V7 maps in my 2012 Sonata Limited w/ Nav. I was playing around trying to find new changes and I came upon a section under the map settings called "Driving Speed Setting".

Aynone know what this does?

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Yea u put in the average speed you think you'll be driving on those roads. It uses that to help calculate time to destination
Beat me to it.

On other GPS's systems (ie iGO Primo), this also works with the speed limit warnings. The value that you set acts as a "fudge factor" against the road speed limits in the system's data base.

ie A value of 5% is set in iGo. So if the road speed is 55 mph, you won't get warnings until about 58mph.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Ignore the other guys. their thinking is flawed.

this sir, is a Thanksgiving Day Turkey timer that is actually connected by sat-link, to your oven at home. Once you place your turkey in the oven, you can not only start the cooking process when you desire, but it also allows you to take a leisurely drive and not have to worry about turning off the oven, as it does that for you, when the turkey is done to perfection.

Owners Manual section 80/pages, 23-26

**they also have a cherry pie recipe that is to die for

I just upgraded to the new V7 maps in my 2012 Sonata Limited w/ Nav. I was playing around trying to find new changes and I came upon a section under the map settings called "Driving Speed Setting".

Aynone know what this does?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've been thinking about getting this update as well for a 2011 limited 2.0T. Could you describe any other changes you notice while you are playing around with the update? I'm worried about doing it as early adopters of v5 lost their outside temperature feature. Thanks!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ignore the other guys. their thinking is flawed.

this sir, is a Thanksgiving Day Turkey timer that is actually connected by sat-link, to your oven at home. Once you place your turkey in the oven, you can not only start the cooking process when you desire, but it also allows you to take a leisurely drive and not have to worry about turning off the oven, as it does that for you, when the turkey is done to perfection.

Owners Manual section 80/pages, 23-26

**they also have a cherry pie recipe that is to die for
lmao

·
Registered
338 Posts
On the UK Santa Fe when a speed setting is entered the engine cuts the revs when that speed is reached, I find this handy in any speed camera areas.

Gazza!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been thinking about getting this update as well for a 2011 limited 2.0T. Could you describe any other changes you notice while you are playing around with the update? I'm worried about doing it as early adopters of v5 lost their outside temperature feature. Thanks!!
First off the outside temp is still in tact. All of the XM saved channels were removed. The sound settings were set back to default. The speed limit indicator is set to off by default. The map UI itself is a bit prettier than the V3 I was on. All of my phone settings stayed in tact. And you can now add Favorites. There were a few more things that I can't think of right now, and I'm sure I will find some more along the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts