Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Doing the speed limit up here will get you ran over or cause some crazy person to go off on you, or cause an accident.
Sheesh,:rolleyes: does one have to have a bad accident, go through windshield or get crushed in a car or rollover to get the picture? I wonder why people tail me so close because, they somehow have a false sense of security with the safety features in their vehicles.

Now we need to be "scored"? I never touch my phone in the car, I was surprised when my insurance company said I could save money with a "smart phone app", my response was I should be getting a discount from, you for NOT having such device, let alone using in a vehicle!

Silly Americans! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think use of smart cruise control will generally severely lower the score as you will have a lot of hard stop/slowdowns

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see a big fat class action lawsuit here. This is called violation of privacy and there’s a law against font size and how consent is collected from users.

What else do they collect?

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Stormy Sea)
84 Posts
41. :poop:

Total Driving hours, Driving Time of day, Speed Responsibility, Driving Consistency are all green. But Smooth driving is in the red.

My last car was an ND Miata. I must have developed habits. The thought of accelerating too quickly with this paltry 180 HP and braking too quickly with this chunky 3,500 lbs car is laughable.

Excuse me for being a fun Sonata driver. 😈

EDIT: Where do I order my racing stripe, Hyundai?

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
113 Posts
The MyHyundai Driving Score defaults to "ON" but can and should be turned off. The Insurance Notifications defaults to "OFF" and I would leave it off unless you want your Insurance company snooping on you :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I win (or lose) lol. Mine was 24 almost consistently for several weeks. I would post a screenshot as proof but I frantically stopped sharing considering how low it was and now I can't see the score anymore. WHO CAN BEAT ME?! I AM THE CHAMPION OF WORST DRIVING MUHAHAHA.

·
Registered
313 Posts
My score is generally around 45 but that's really Smart Cruise Control's driving score when driving in suburban environments.
My score went up to 58 this past week because it sat in an airport lot all week, then had several hours on the highway.

·
Registered
141 Posts
if you have not opted out of the driving score feature can insurance companies access the data without your permission?

·
Registered
191 Posts
if you have not opted out of the driving score feature can insurance companies access the data without your permission?
No, insurance companies cannot access the information without permission.

I just shut down this feature completely, I don't need anyone snooping on me, well, at least not some third party company that I don't want anything to do with if I can avoid it. Not going to pretend my phone isn't tracking me but at least I can justify that the tradeoff is excellent live traffic info, something valuable to me where as Verisk Analytical has everything to gain from me and I get nothing.

Go hear for FAQs. The link should work, you will need to log into myhyundai to view.

I saw more billboards up trying to get people to switch to usage based auto insurance during the pandemic. Seems like the insurance companies are hoping you get suckered in for a slightly lower rate based on your reduced miles (for instance, if you stopped going into an office) during the pandemic and then will happily raise them back up when your driving score suffers when you start spending more time behind the wheel or more drivers get back on the road that prevent you from driving smoothly enough to qualify for lower rates.

Screenshot of some of the more important Q/A:

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
849 Posts
No, insurance companies cannot access the information without permission.

I just shut down this feature completely, I don't need anyone snooping on me, well, at least not some third party company that I don't want anything to do with if I can avoid it. Not going to pretend my phone isn't tracking me but at least I can justify that the tradeoff is excellent live traffic info, something valuable to me where as Verisk Analytical has everything to gain from me and I get nothing.

Go hear for FAQs. The link should work, you will need to log into myhyundai to view.

I saw more billboards up trying to get people to switch to usage based auto insurance during the pandemic. Seems like the insurance companies are hoping you get suckered in for a slightly lower rate based on your reduced miles (for instance, if you stopped going into an office) during the pandemic and then will happily raise them back up when your driving score suffers when you start spending more time behind the wheel or more drivers get back on the road that prevent you from driving smoothly enough to qualify for lower rates.

Screenshot of some of the more important Q/A:
View attachment 456351
That clearly says Verisk will share your data with insurance companies unless you opt out. The blurb about "unless you authorize it to be shared with insurance companies" is misleading since it does that by default unless you opt out. Which is what the last question in your screenshot clearly states.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That clearly says Verisk will share your data with insurance companies unless you opt out. The blurb about "unless you authorize it to be shared with insurance companies" is misleading since it does that by default unless you opt out. Which is what the last question in your screenshot clearly states.
Not sure you are reading this correctly. Yes, it is shared with Verisk but you have to opt in to sharing with anyone beyond them as it states below "Your driving data is not shared anywhere else, unless you authorize it to be shared with insurance companies."

That authorization comes when you select both the "Data Sharing" and "Insurance Notifications". I believe, as default, only the "Data Sharing" is automatically selected when you enroll with MyHyundai and Bluelink and I believe I recall it even having a disclaimer that explains how the data is used and how you can authorize or deny this during set up. So, even if you blaze through setting up Bluelink, you are not exposed to anyone beyond Verisk. And, opting out of Data Sharing is a simple click away, which as you can see from my screenshot below I have already completed earlier today.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
849 Posts
Not sure you are reading this correctly. Yes, it is shared with Verisk but you have to opt in to sharing with anyone beyond them as it states below "Your driving data is not shared anywhere else, unless you authorize it to be shared with insurance companies."

View attachment 456352

That authorization comes when you select both the "Data Sharing" and "Insurance Notifications". I believe, as default, only the "Data Sharing" is automatically selected when you enroll with MyHyundai and Bluelink and I believe I recall it even having a disclaimer that explains how the data is used and how you can authorize or deny this during set up. So, even if you blaze through setting up Bluelink, you are not exposed to anyone beyond Verisk. And, opting out of Data Sharing is a simple click away, which as you can see from my screenshot below I have already completed earlier today.

View attachment 456353
I get what you're saying, but then how can they get you discounted insurance rates if it's only shared with Verisk? That first option "Data Sharing" clearly says it can get you discounted rates. It has to somehow end up in the hands of insurance companies.

By the way, I never saw any of this until it was reported in this forum. When I bought my 2020 Palisade in Sept. 2019, Blue Link was setup for us by the dealer (using a myhyundai account I already had from my 2012 Sonata). I never went through any setup on my end. That driving score probably didn't exist then either. I did eventually receive an email about it from Hyundai, but long after this forum made me aware of it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I get what you're saying, but then how can they get you discounted insurance rates if it's only shared with Verisk? That first option "Data Sharing" clearly says it can get you discounted rates. It has to somehow end up in the hands of insurance companies.

By the way, I never saw any of this until it was reported in this forum. When I bought my 2020 Palisade in Sept. 2019, Blue Link was setup for us by the dealer (using a myhyundai account I already had from my 2012 Sonata). I never went through any setup on my end. That driving score probably didn't exist then either. I did eventually receive an email about it from Hyundai, but long after this forum made me aware of it.
The only way would be to enable the Insurance Notifications. It seems like only then will they then review your data, not sure if they would have access to stored data or only going forward.

I look at the Data Sharing to get your driving score almost as a cheat to see what kind of data insurance companies would look at to determine if you qualify for better rates using this type of information. I already decided I didn't want to go this route and reviewing the drive score info prior to me opting out confirms that I would likely be on the losing end.

I do agree though, I don't think they should automatically enable, all of this kind of stuff should be user enable only. I honestly don't fully recall the setup to know exactly how this was handled.

·
Registered
17 Posts
lol...my score is a 48.
Mine was a 42 and it won't change anytime soon. It faults me for driving at 3 am everyday and an hour each way to work. Not so much my acceleration or braking habits. I drive very easy so I can keep my 37 mpg going. So mine got turned off lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think I win (or lose) lol. Mine was 24 almost consistently for several weeks. I would post a screenshot as proof but I frantically stopped sharing considering how low it was and now I can't see the score anymore. WHO CAN BEAT ME?! I AM THE CHAMPION OF WORST DRIVING MUHAHAHA.
My worst is 27, 28,28, 40. I am coming for you!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am retired and do not work, nor do I do anything on a regularly schedule basis. My score has been exactly 66 or 67 since day 1. The category colors are always the same. Green for Smooth Driving, Time of Day, and Speed Responsibility. Yellow for Total Driving Hours and Driving Consistency.

I call BS on this metric and will not share it with my insurance company unless the data is fully explained.
I have a score of 61, which to me makes absolutely no sense, when everything is green. No errors anywhere. They need to explain exactly how this data is used to determine a score. If they don't, I'm not opting in for this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just saw this today and don't remember it being there before. It looks like it may have started in December for me. My score was 67, not a passing grade in my line of work. Not sure what if anything is being done with this data. Any thoughts??
I to just saw this today. April 29th 2021. Looks like they have been tracking since December. I was not asked if they could monitor my driving and I am very angry, to the point I called Blue link. Is there a lawyer in the house? We need to stop this.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts