Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this today and don't remember it being there before. It looks like it may have started in December for me. My score was 67, not a passing grade in my line of work. Not sure what if anything is being done with this data. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
99 Posts
It sounds to me like a marketing plea. From the website: "Your drive score can also potentially connect you to better insurance rates if you choose to provide consent to do so. "

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds to me like a marketing plea. From the website: "Your drive score can also potentially connect you to better insurance rates if you choose to provide consent to do so. "
Looks like the data sharing can be turned off. Otherwise "Big Brother" would be watching (George Orwell reference, not the show ;))

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just saw this today and don't remember it being there before. It looks like it may have started in December for me. My score was 67, not a passing grade in my line of work. Not sure what if anything is being done with this data. Any thoughts??
The good side of the story - you can turn it OFF if you want to keep your privacy ON

Reactions: Ryan T

·
Registered
45 Posts
Where are you seeing this score? I have MyHyundai on my iPhone, and I don't see that option/information anywhere in the app.

·
Premium Member
2021 Phantom Black Sonata; 2009 Audi A6 Condor Grey
100 Posts
Where are you seeing this score? I have MyHyundai on my iPhone, and I don't see that option/information anywhere in the app.
Neither do I. I don't even see it on the direct website

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,789 Posts
It is on the My Hyundai Site, use the search and type driving score it will take you to the page

This from the Hyundai website on "Driving Score"
How is the Driving Score calculated?
The driving score is calculated with a proprietary algorithm that evaluates Smooth Driving, Time Behind the Wheel, Driving Time, Speed Responsibility, and Driving Consistency. Generally, it accounts for how much and when a vehicle is driven, as well as how the vehicle is driven, including how often and when braking,

Looks like another way for insurance companies to look at risk and adjust rates if it is shared with them.

·
Registered
614 Posts
It is on the My Hyundai Site, use the search and type driving score it will take you to the page

The driving score is calculated with a proprietary algorithm that evaluates Smooth Driving, Time Behind the Wheel, Driving Time, Speed Responsibility, and Driving Consistency. Generally, it accounts for how much and when a vehicle is driven, as well as how the vehicle is driven, including how often and when braking,

Looks like another way for insurance companies to look at risk and adjust rates if it is shared with them.
so, with my score being a 48, I am thinking I may not wish to share! :)

·
Premium Member
2021 Phantom Black Sonata; 2009 Audi A6 Condor Grey
100 Posts
Guess I need to drive more!!

Where can I view my Driving Score?
First, make sure you are enrolled in Bluelink and your vehicle is enrolled in the driving score feature. Second, you must drive at least 20 miles per week for two weeks to begin receiving your driving score.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
44 Posts
Here is where to view your score and how to shut off sharing info (glad I saw this thread!). After the first couple of steps, you'll see your score:

Can I opt out of sharing my data?
Yes. The program is entirely voluntary. To opt-out of the Hyundai Driving Score log into MyHyundai and go to the Bluelink page. Click on the “Driving Score” tab at the top of the page. Click on the button that reads “Go to Driving Score”. Scroll down to the bottom third of the page where you will see a link called “Manage Driving Score Permissions”. Once you click that button you will see a Driving Score Permissions pop-up that allows you to stop sharing your data by clicking the On/Off toggle to “Off”.

·
Registered
45 Posts

I just checked the site, and was surprised to see any score at all since the site suggested that it was only available if we were enrolled. I have never enrolled, and my wife couldn't care less about this stuff, so I'm really surprised we are enrolled. In any event, her score (since this is her car) is 63, with the only ding being for 'speed responsibility. Not great, but not horrendous.

·
Registered
2020 2.4 SEL FWD
150 Posts
I found it yesterday when I logged into the MyHyundai website for the first time in months. I was very surprised to see Mama Hyundai now grading our driving by default. I think it showed a start date of Dec 11 and it's really goofy. I doubt anyone who drives in the real world gets a score anywhere close to 100. Mama scored me 63 every week but last week when I got a 65.

Funny since 90% of my driving is on country roads and two dogs with me in the cool months. My service dog is with me every mile regardless of weather. My driving is always stable since they don't wear seat belts. I drive conservatively enough to have an accumulated fuel mileage of 32.0 MPG over the last 3941 miles in my Santa Fe. I average 72 miles of driving per week.

I guess Mama doesn't like it when LKA senses I touch a painted line as I go around roadkill and trash that falls off the log trucks.

I opted out instantly.

·
Premium Member
2021 Limited 1.6T, 2018 Limited 2.4L, 2015 Limited 2.4L
455 Posts
Yes, I opted out as well, PDQ. Living up here in northern VA and having to drive on I95 every day. No way I would get and maintain a good score. Doing the speed limit up here will get you ran over or cause some crazy person to go off on you, or cause an accident.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am retired and do not work, nor do I do anything on a regularly schedule basis. My score has been exactly 66 or 67 since day 1. The category colors are always the same. Green for Smooth Driving, Time of Day, and Speed Responsibility. Yellow for Total Driving Hours and Driving Consistency.

I call BS on this metric and will not share it with my insurance company unless the data is fully explained.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
503 Posts
you got a score worse than my 48?
I was at 49. I must be doing something right, this week it went up to 51. I took the car out once... briefly.

Does this driving score feature mean that Hyundai just started collecting this driving information or is it just that it's now calculating a score and offering you the option of using it for insurance purposes? Basically, highlighting the fact it collects it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts