Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I would like to add driving lights to an 02 accent. Do you have a schematic to wire lights in with a relay and switch with indicator light? How would i connect so driving lights go off when high beam is on? Thank You.

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Hi. I would like to add driving lights to an 02 accent. Do you have a schematic to wire lights in with a relay and switch with indicator light? How would i connect so driving lights go off when high beam is on? Thank You.

If the 2002 uses a separate relay for the high beams I would tie into that then trough a switch. I got a easy to mount rocker switch that has an led indicator on it. Just drill a 1/2" hole and it pops right in.

If it doesn't you can still tap into the hi beam power then go through the switch to drive the new driving light relay coil.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. While I was probing around . With key off the high beam and low had 12vlt. How is that? Lights work normal when driving. I don't get it . I will check again .

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
That's the way both my Hyundai's are. The headlight switch controls the relays by grounding them out. Almost all the controls are done through grounding the relays. It's easier on the wiring.

Also easier on anyone wanting to modify the system.

On my 2008 that I added fog lights too and only want them on when the hi beams are on here is what I did.

Installed a relay near the front fender that has fused 12v+ with a 14 ga wire coming from the fuse box at the always hot post. Then ran that wire to the relay terminal 30 (power in) and then jumpered to terminal 85 with a smaller wire for the coil power. Use fully insulated spade terminals as these will always be hot.
Then from terminal 87 there will be 12+ out to the fog lights when the relay is turned on.

Then ground the fog lights at the closest convenient spot.

Then find the ground that goes to the hi beam relay from the light switch. Tap into it so that when the hi beams are on there is aground there. Run this to your switch and then from the switch to the new relay coil terminal 86.

This way when your switch is on and the hi beams are on the relay will be powered and the fog lights will come on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not Getting anywhere yet. Can not locate the hi beam relay or headlamp relay only the 30 amp fuse for lights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts