Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
ai
Anyone else notice that driving the Sonata SE can be a little dicey on the highway in the rain. Felt a couple times that the steering wheel was going to fly out of my hands and go off the road. Not complaining just an observation....makes me wonder how it will handle in the snow. Could be I just need to get use to the electronic steering as well.

T

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I don't have the wheel fly around, but I do know my stock tires are the *ahem* tires I have ever driven on. They don't inspire confidence. Will be glad when I can replace them.

·
Registered
854 Posts
It's because we have cheap tires.

·
Registered
486 Posts
A Sonata Review I read pointed out that "Low-Profile" tires on the Sonata were not the best "in weather". It blamed "Low-Profile" rather than a Brand specific issue (yet many Mfg'ers are using Low-Profile Tires now), and hopefully more comments will clarify the issue. I'm a Ltd vs. SE and haven't noticed anything yet because of rare rain driving.

I'm guessing any handling troubles will be a function of (at least) speed and road material composition, too, along with the tires, and maybe some data consistencies will emerge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts