Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Peeps

We are having a nice blast of winter, and i was playing around some. I did notice that when l have the eco on, that the car handles the slippery roads a little better as your not spinning the tires out all the time. I normally have the eco off as l do "drive" the car, and know how to have fun in the snow.

I thought i would just pass this on as a tip/try and see what others think. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's also fun to grab the parking break and do some slides:) In a controlled environment of course!

I did it in front of the house so I could back into the driveway. Got out and neighbor kid said 'Cool!'.

Oops:)

·
22,788 Posts
Awesome. I get this image of that kid going back in the house and thinking, "Bicycle+snow=FUN!" :) Yeah, I was young, once. Snow basketball in the driveway was a favorite pastime of my sons. Ever make some cuts, or dribble a ball in a couple of inches of snow while wearing gloves? Entertaining, at the very least.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Careful playing in the snow especially you first time driver's on the snow like my teenage daughter. She was driving a bit too fast on ice and lost control hitting a mailbox this weekend. Maybe this incident will wake her up. She's fine by the way. $300 for windshield +$150 for mailbox =$450 for not having common sense. 1387225635905.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
542 Posts
NASTY..

What mail box cost $150?????
Oh yes depending what kind of mailbox you have it could be costly. Mine is made out of bricks and all the American bricklayers wanted $500 to build it but i found some excellent Mexican bricklayers to do it for $300. Fortunately the mailbox she hit was just a basic mailbox on a 4x4 cemented into the ground. She broke off the 4x4 so it has to be taken out of the ground (concrete and all) then a new post has to be cemented back in the ground and it has to be at a certain depth for the frost line. So the labor to do it plus bags of concrete, post and mailbox costs $150.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Peeps

We are having a nice blast of winter, and i was playing around some. I did notice that when l have the eco on, that the car handles the slippery roads a little better as your not spinning the tires out all the time. I normally have the eco off as l do "drive" the car, and know how to have fun in the snow.

I thought i would just pass this on as a tip/try and see what others think. :D
You are absolutely right tried driving with Eco on on snow handles much better. Thanks for the tip......

·
22,788 Posts
Careful playing in the snow especially you first time driver's on the snow like my teenage daughter. She was driving a bit too fast on ice and lost control hitting a mailbox this weekend. Maybe this incident will wake her up. She's fine by the way. $300 for windshield +$150 for mailbox =$450 for not having common sense. View attachment 96705

Sent from my SCH-I535
Thats a small price to pay for common sense if it works! Glad she's okay.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thats a small price to pay for common sense if it works! Glad she's okay.
Thanks. Yeah its a small price to pay "if" she learned a lesson. It's a price dad has to pay lol. She's a high school student so she barely works enough hours to keep gas in her car which dad also supplements at times. Hopefully just the fear she experienced will be enough to wake her up. It's all a part of life i guess, sometimes we have to learn the hard way. Most importantly she's fine so i thank God for that.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
343 Posts
My son also had to learn the hard way, and lost a large portion of his summer earnings, from a couple bumpups. I couldn't get too upset, since I managed to total my folks' car when I was a new driver.

Geoff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts